• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Set-Aside & Claim Dismissed **** CCJ Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ Help

Originally posted by mr_c View Post
    I believe the solicitors are Shoosmiths on this.

I submitted my application to the court and also sent a letter to Arrow asking them to consent to the set aside, - not heard back from them yet.
    Did you serve a copy of your Application and WS on Shoosmiths?

Or did you serve it on Arrow?

Or neither?

Di

Comment

To arrow.
      I sent arrow a letter, a copy of the n244 form, a copy of my witness statement and a copy of my draft order

was that right? [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]
      Last edited by mr_c; 2nd August 2017, 13:32:PM.

Comment

so i recieved a letter from HSBC today in response to my SARS request.

They returned mt £10 postal order and said they cannot provide me with the information unless I fill in a form, which they enclosed.

"Request to undertake a search under the data protection act 1998 for personal information" - that is the title of the form.

It asks me to state the reason for my request, is there anything i need to specifically put here?
        [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

Okay, just sounds like timewasting, is it due to the change of address etc that you have the form to complete?

No need to give them any reason
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

yea it probably is. the address they have on system is probably from 2010.
            should i send a copy of ID or anything just in case?

..... anyone? shall i send some copy of ID or anything? To ensure they don't come back saying my signature doesn't match one from 7 years ago?
            Last edited by mr_c; 4th August 2017, 09:41:AM.

Comment

..... anyone? shall i send some copy of ID or anything? To ensure they don't come back saying my signature doesn't match one from 7 years ago?

Comment

That might be an idea, what form of ID would you send - needs to be something with current address on, and signature, so maybe copy of the front of driving licence - does that have signature on ... but might be worth telephoning them first to ask them if it is necessary.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

yea i can send a copy of driving licence which does have my signature and my current address on it, i can just photocopy it and send it with the form they want me to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_c View Post
                    so i recieved a letter from HSBC today in response to my SARS request.

They returned mt £10 postal order and said they cannot provide me with the information unless I fill in a form, which they enclosed.

"Request to undertake a search under the data protection act 1998 for personal information" - that is the title of the form.

It asks me to state the reason for my request, is there anything i need to specifically put here?
                    If you don't want to fill in any form or provide any documents you can ask them if they will send the information (SAR documents) to your local branch where you can go to collect it on the condition you show the bank branch some identification.

Most 'High Street' banks will let you do that.

They probably only want you to tell them the reason in case it's a potential PPI reclaim so you might want phone call recordings etc.

You don't have to tell them why you want the information.

However if you decide to complete the form etc then try putting "N/A" in answer to the 'reason' question.

Di

Comment

so i got a letter from barclaycard the other day saying they are shutting my credit card account down. No explanation why, they just said the terms say that at any time they can close the account without warning.

I am assuming this is because they have found the ccj on my file? can they do this?

Comment

does anyone know anything about the above?

Comment

anyone? lol

Comment

Hi mr_c

You'd have to check your agreement T&C's, but there is usually a standard clause which covers this.

Eg.
                            14. Closing your account When you first open your account you can withdraw from this agreement without giving a reason by calling or writing to us within 14 days from the day after you receive your first card. Once you’ve told us you’re withdrawing from this agreement, you’ll have 30 days to pay back anything you’ve spent on your card. If you don’t repay us within 30 days, we may charge interest in line with the terms of this agreement. This agreement has no fixed term – this means it will continue until you or we decide to close your account. You can close the account by calling or writing to us, and we can close the account by writing to you. Unless we need to close your account immediately, we’ll give you at least two months’ written notice. We may close your account and require immediate repayment of your total outstanding balance if we reasonably believe that you’ve broken this agreement regularly or seriously. We may also require this from your estate in the event of your death, if you become bankrupt or if you are likely to become bankrupt. We’ll always follow any legal requirements before we close your account.
                            (Ref Platinum)
                            https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/person...ms?ref=acq-rhn
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I was given no noitce. i just got a letter saying your account is closed, no explanation as to why. I am assuming it is to do with the ccj that has been put on me.

Comment

Possibly.

Is the barclaycard account in debt?
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X