• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Set-Aside & Claim Dismissed **** CCJ Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCJ Help

If the claimant consents to the set aside application do you still have a hearing?

Comment

Not normally no. Also, it sounds like they are not proceeding with the claim after it has been set aside.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        , it sounds like they are not proceeding with the claim after it has been set aside.

Has the Judgment Creditor consented to a set aside?

And have they said that they’ll discontinue once set aside?

I admit I’ve not read back through the thread to see where/why it says they are not intending to proceed with the claim after it has been set aside.

If they’ve not consented to the OP’s Application for a set aside then there will be a hearing.

Di
        Last edited by Diana M; 25th October 2017, 21:35:PM. Reason: clarifying the legal position

Comment

Originally posted by mr_c View Post
          If the claimant consents to the set aside application do you still have a hearing?

Have they consented ?

Di

Comment

I have not heard anything from arrow yet in relation to consenting to the set aside
            Has the position changed since your above post #179 on 9th October?

Di

Comment

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

They agreed to the set aside on Monday.
              I got a letter with a consent form saying they consent to the set aside and that the claim be dismissed.

Comment

@Diana M

They agreed to the set aside on Monday.
                I got a letter with a consent form saying they consent to the set aside and that the claim be dismissed.
                You didn’t post that on your thread before asking your question.

If they’ve consented to the set-aside and respectfully asked the court to dismiss the claim (because only a judge can dismiss a claim) then that should be the end of the matter.

Di

Comment

When you say you got a letter with a "consent form" do you mean they sent you a Consent Order to sign?

Di

Comment

Indeed

Comment

What exactly are you 'consenting' to?

Comment

They are consenting to setting the ccj aside and dismissing the claim.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

• Re: **WON** Set-Aside & Claim Dismissed **** CCJ Help

So I had my hearing today and the judge has set aside the CCJ and dismissed the claim in full.

Thank you so much to everyone that has helped me, this site has been such a great help to me, I honestly don't know how I would have got through this without your help.

Especially [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] - you have been a god send both in the forums and in private messaging - thank you so much!

Comment

This is the consent order for reference.
                              Attached Files
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X