• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Lowell / Bryan Carter / Tesco - Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell / Bryan Carter / Tesco - Court Claim

usual begging letter

Comment

Originally posted by appledev View Post
      Had an offer from Lowell today...

50% discount if I pay today. The cheek of it!

No word on the defence or evidence side, they still have 3 weeks mind
      Sounds like an automated letter sent by one department without being aware that a claim has been issued by another. Typical from the low lifes.

One to be filed under "C". :lol:

Comment

Some people would say that it means they know they don't have a chance . I could fry my head trying to double think this one so I think the best bet is to follow FP's advice and just ignore it

IF they are aware that you do not owe the money then following the claim through would make them guilty of fraud under the Fraud Act (2006)
        A prize for anyone who can name the person I stole that off- I wonder how long it will take to be quoted?

Seriously , I would ignore it

Comment

Received a letter from BC Solicitors today fearing the worst... But I've won!

"Please find enclosed, by way of service, a Notice of Discontinaunce of this case"

On the following page...

"The Claimant discontinues all of this claim against the defendant" and is signed electronically by a solicitor working for BC themselves

I'm in a good mind to turn this back around on them as this whole case is absolutely ridiculous! I knew full well it was nothing to do with me, but the amount of worries and stress this has caused of further action is almost unreal, especially for someone who's good with money, pays everything on time or in advance and never ever owed anyone money - (even my credit card gets paid off in FULL every month - only have that as I get reward points that mount up over the year)

It goes without saying... Many MANY thanks for everyone's kind help and support on this matter, but something really needs to be done to stop this happening to others who are also in the same boat!

Comment

Thats great news. Screw BC!

Comment

"Please find enclosed, by way of service, a Notice of Discontinaunce of this case"

On the following page...

"The Claimant discontinues all of this claim against the defendant" and is signed electronically by a solicitor working for BC themselves

I'm in a good mind to turn this back around on them as this whole case is absolutely ridiculous! I knew full well it was nothing to do with me, but the amount of worries and stress this has caused of further action is almost unreal, especially for someone who's good with money, pays everything on time or in advance and never ever owed anyone money - (even my credit card gets paid off in FULL every month - only have that as I get reward points that mount up over the year)

It goes without saying... Many MANY thanks for everyone's kind help and support on this matter, but something really needs to be done to stop this happening to others who are also in the same boat!
              Well done. Just for security check with the court that Discontinuance has been filed.
              A word of caution the claim has been discontinued at this point, the claimant if it believes
              in the future could apply to the court to continue the claim, one debt purchaser has taken
              to making this clear recently in its notifications to defendants.

nem

Comment

On the following page...

Well done! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

They probably realised they'd got the wrong person, Tesco must have got back saying they had no record of your account.
                The worst thing is that a lot of people don't even respond to claims, let alone defend them, over 75% of money claims end in default judgment. :mad;

Many people only find out they've got a CCJ when they apply for credit or, worse still, when they receive a notice of interim charging order from the Land Registry, an attachment of earnings order or a warrant to send bailiffs. :Cry:

Although the FCA does not deal with individual disputes, it would be a good idea to report all of Lowell's dirty tricks to the FCA, they are well known for trying every trick in the book and skirt on very thin ice with regards to the law. :eek2:

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  Well done. Just for security check with the court that Discontinuance has been filed.
                  A word of caution the claim has been discontinued at this point, the claimant if it believes
                  in the future could apply to the court to continue the claim,
                  one debt purchaser has taken
                  to making this clear recently in its notifications to defendants.
                  In the vast majority of cases we see here, the defendant did have the account with the original creditor only the debt purchaser was unable to obtain the documentation to evidence the case, however in this case the OP never even had a contract with Tesco Mobile, so it would be impossible for Lowell, or anyone, to obtain documents that never existed to start with, and a claim can only be re-issued if there is new evidence that wasn't available before. In this case there won't be any! :nono:
                  Last edited by FlamingParrot; 24th September 2015, 00:08:AM. Reason: Reads better

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                    In the vast majority of cases we see here, the defendant did have the account with the original creditor only the debt purchaser was unable to obtain the documentation to evidence the case, however in this case the OP never even had a contract with Tesco Mobile, so it would be impossible for Lowell, or anyone, to obtain documents that never existed to start with, and a claim can only be re-issued if there is new evidence that wasn't available before. In this case there won't be any! :nono:
                    As you should know it does not stop such matters cropping up again later.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X