• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Lowell/Bryan Carter for Lloyds debt.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell/Bryan Carter for Lloyds debt.

Originally posted by Norfolk Enchants View Post
    Hi all,

I've had my letter from BC telling me that they are "formally confirming our clients intention.....", and that the client is prepared to enter into negotiations, however I am to contact them to arrange this!

Is it worth writing to them to remind them that they have failed to provide me with any/all documentation to which I am lawfully entitled and that I am unable to enter negotiations due to this? And their failure to comply with s.78 prohibits their client from proceeding?
    Hi
    I wouldn't. :nono: It's his generic template response to everyone who files a defence, his last ditch attempt at getting people to shut up and pay up. I always suggest filing them under "C". :grin:

On a final note, any input on my two posts above?

Nor
    I shall take a look...

Comment

And the 'begging letters!......

Nor
      So NatWest state back in 2013 the debt is unenforceable via the courts a matter that they have of course not disclosed to Lowell??
      I wonder what Lowell would say on receiving a copy of that letter with a covering letter suggesting that they should consider withdrawing
      the claim forthwith.

nem

Comment

Good morning all!

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        Hi

I shall take a look...
        Thank you as always. Not really expecting much, but I'm sure someone may find them amusing!

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        So NatWest state back in 2013 the debt is unenforceable via the courts a matter that they have of course not disclosed to Lowell??
        I wonder what Lowell would say on receiving a copy of that letter with a covering letter suggesting that they should consider withdrawing
        the claim forthwith.

nem
        I know, somewhat of a beauty isn't it!? Unfortunately though, this is the 'other' Lowell claim that isn't in the courts system as yet....... :tinysmile_cry_t:

Just to keep you updated; my Noddle account has had both NatWest (loan & O/D) listings removed in their entirety (age)! arty: But on the flip side the Lloyds/Lowell O/D has been updated - the amount now states the amount I'm being pursued for including latest Lowell/BC fees. Does this suggest that Lowell are aware of the account type or just that they are updating Noddle A/C no: ******* with figures claimed and could still have no idea of the account type?

Nor

Comment

Hi all, Happy New Year, and I hope you all had a good break?

Apologies for being a long time since posting, not much happened with my case over the last couple of months, until........ I had an early Christmas present! Received a letter from the Court stating that unless revised particulars of claim were received from the claimant by 22/12/15, the claim would be stayed on the grounds that 'the Claimants statement of case discloses inadequate particulars of claim'.
          This morning, I've had a lovely letter from BC informing me that the claim has been discontinued!! arty:.

Mods, strike this one up to a win methinks? I doubt t they'll pursue the other account now either so I assume I just wait for them both to become SB'd?

Many, many thanks to all for your help. Keep up the good work.

Nor

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            No worries. :thumb:

It's a little early to say. Unfortunately overdrafts are not always easy to defend using CCA arguments that apply to other loans, however, Lowell and Mr Carter are well known for not being able to provide any documents to back up their claims so they may stumble at that point. ray:
            Just a thought, if this a weakness by Carter & Lowell, no reason why we can't exploit it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X