• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED *** Catalogue debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Catalogue debt

Hope your headache has eased off now xxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Re: *** DISCONTINUED *** Catalogue debt

I REALLY REALLY WANT TO THANK YOU ALL!!

My headache is gone but i am still not feeling very well

But look what I have received in the post!!
      What happens now? does it stay there for 6 years since now? or since default?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nafta View Post
        I REALLY REALLY WANT TO THANK YOU ALL!!

My headache is gone but i am still not feeling very well

But look what I have received in the post!!
        What happens now? does it stay there for 6 years since now? or since default?
        Wonderful news!

The claim has been Discontinued and that is the end of the matter

The default will remain on your credit file for six years from when it went on. The discontinuance has no impact on that.

Di

Comment

Phew .. good to have it in writing. The mark on your credit file will go six years after you defaulted if you look on noddle it usually gives you a date that it will come off I hope you feel better soon I've just come down with a migraine in sympathy with you I think Lol
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
            Wonderful news!

The claim has been Discontinued and that is the end of the matter

The default will remain on your credit file for six years from when it went on. The discontinuance has no impact on that.

Di
            Thank you so much Di!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Phew .. good to have it in writing. The mark on your credit file will go six years after you defaulted if you look on noddle it usually gives you a date that it will come off I hope you feel better soon I've just come down with a migraine in sympathy with you I think Lol
            Hope you feel better soon!!

Comment

• Re: Catalogue debt

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              the court should send formal notice that the claim has been discontinued.
              Check again later and ask for written notice.

nem
              No they don't.

Under CPR 38.3 the Claimant must serve the Notice of Discontinuance on the Defendant and then file it at court stating that it has been served.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es/part38#38.3

It appears from the OP's upload in post # 317 that Lowells enclosed a copy of the Notice of Continuance with their letter which means it has now been served on nafta.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X