• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** WON ** DISCONTINUED *** Lowell / Bryan Carter Solicitors - advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell / Bryan Carter Solicitors - advice please

Thank you nemesis. I assume I just send a short covering letter outlining what is enclosed? Do I send to the court and bryan carter or do I have to send to lowell as well? Still unclear as to whether the other side have to do the same thing in which case I should be receiving stuff from them shortly?

Comment

Hi again Shirl, yes send a short covering letter with the supporting documents. I was advised to send to just the court and Bryan Carter as Bryan Carter are the ones dealing with the case for Lowell.

You should receive the supporting documents also before the set date and if not contact the court and ask them have they received their copy from the claimants solicitors. If they do not send the documents then the case can be stopped.

I'm sure nemesis will tell you more on this.

Thanks Ro

Comment

Cheers, got it all nearly sorted. Will post recorded delivery first class on Monday.

Comment

Will this suffice for covering letter? one addressed to the obvious and the other to the court?

Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP
          11 De Havilland Drive
          Weybridge
          Surrey
          KT13 0YP
          Dear Sirs,
          Re: Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd v Shirlthegirl
          Case No: xxxxx

Please find enclosed herewith the documentation I intend to rely on at the hearing scheduled for 6th November 2015 in Haverfordwest County Court.
          This includes my Witness Statement and various correspondence [Exhibits A, B, C, D and E].
          Yours faithfully
          Shirlthegirl

Comment

Hi this is what I put on my cover letter and just amended it so it was suitable for the court and for Bryan Carter.

Manchester County Court and Family Court Hearing Centre
            Manchester Civil and Family Justice Centre
            1 Bridge Street West
            Manchester
            Greater Manchester
            M60 9DJ

29 September 2015
            Ref: County Court Claim No BXXXXXXXX

Please find enclosed a copy of the supporting documents that I will be using at the court hearing on the 15th October 2015.
            I look forward to meeting with you and the claimant to discuss and resolve this matter.

Yours sincerely

XXXXX XXXXXX

Bryan Carter Solicitors
            11 DE Havilland Drive
            Weybridge
            Surrey
            KT13 0YP

29 September 2015
            Ref: County Court Claim No BXXXXXXX

Please find enclosed a copy of the supporting documents that I will be using at the court hearing on the 15th October 2015.
            I look forward to receiving a copy of your supporting documents for myself and my legal advisor to look at.

Yours sincerely

XXXXX XXXXXXX

Hope this helps.

Comment

Today was the deadline for documents - I have received nothing from Bryan Carter. Waiting to see what happens next.

Thank you all for your help and advice, it turned this from a thing that was really stressing me into something I could cope with.

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl View Post
                Today was the deadline for documents - I have received nothing from Bryan Carter. Waiting to see what happens next.

Thank you all for your help and advice, it turned this from a thing that was really stressing me into something I could cope with.
                Sounds like they may have to discontinue, how awful! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's hope we have reason to play "Another one bites the dust" yet again! ray: ray: ray:

Comment

Have you heard anything back from Bryan Carter?

Comment

Carter will go right to the line, file late and find a reason for asking for remission of sanctions for doing so.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by rocky1987 View Post
                      Have you heard anything back from Bryan Carter?
                      Not a thing. How's yours going?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                      Carter will go right to the line, file late and find a reason for asking for remission of sanctions for doing so.

nem
                      Not quite sure what that means but I still haven't heard anything from them.

Comment

Today I received a letter from Bryan Carter...

Blah blah blah...

Please find enclosed, by way of service, a Notice of Discontinuance of this case.

yours sincerely

Second page is a notice of discontinuance with a cross in a square next to 'discontinues all of this claim.

blah blah

I certify that I have served a copy of this notice on every other party to the proceedings.

Should I check with the court next week or will they notify me?

Thank you everyone for your support through this.

Comment

Blah blah blah...

Please find enclosed, by way of service, a Notice of Discontinuance of this case.

yours sincerely

Second page is a notice of discontinuance with a cross in a square next to 'discontinues all of this claim.

blah blah

I certify that I have served a copy of this notice on every other party to the proceedings.
                          WOW! That is brilliant! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

Remember what I posted a week ago?
                          Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                          Sounds like they may have to discontinue, how awful! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's hope we have reason to play "Another one bites the dust" yet again! ray: ray: ray:
                          Well, now we have reason to play it for the millionth time! :high5: :high5: :high5:

Always a good idea to check, but bear in mind the courts do take their time to process stuff.

Comment

Blah blah blah...

yours sincerely

blah blah

Great Result!!!

nem

Comment

Blah blah blah...

yours sincerely

blah blah

Great News !!! WELL DONE for sticking up for yourself xxxxx

(I'll leave the smiley fest to FP )
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: ** WON ** DISCONTINUED *** Lowell / Bryan Carter Solicitors - advice please

well done shirl

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X