• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

idr finance charge on house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idr finance charge on house

hidr have put a charge on our house this as been registered with land registry is there any way i can have this removed as this debt was my husbands an dnot mine the house is in joint names and i find it unfair that this as been done because i have not got the debt our daughter and granddaughter also live in the house .other people that my husband owes money to have agreed the same payment offered to pay off the debt but idr have refused and got a charge on the house any help would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: idr finance charge on house

What basis is the charge on the house?
    Is there an instalment order running alongside the charge?
    Did you defend the charging order application?
    How much is the debt ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This should be only a restriction on your husbands " share of the property".

If there was /is an arrangement to pay that has been adhered to IDR should accept it and continue it.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        This should be only a restriction on your husbands " share of the property".

If there was /is an arrangement to pay that has been adhered to IDR should accept it and continue it.
        This would depend on the date the CCJ was obtained. If they applied for judgment on or after 1 October 2012, they can apply for a charging order even if you stick to the terms of the judgment. If it was before 1 October 2012, they can only apply for a charging order if you have missed one or more payments.

Comment

Originally posted by alibob View Post
          hidr have put a charge on our house this as been registered with land registry is there any way i can have this removed as this debt was my husbands an dnot mine the house is in joint names and i find it unfair that this as been done because i have not got the debt our daughter and granddaughter also live in the house .other people that my husband owes money to have agreed the same payment offered to pay off the debt but idr have refused and got a charge on the house any help would be appreciated.
          If the house is in joint names, they can only record a restriction. There are a number of practical differences between charging orders and restrictions, mainly concerning what happens when the house is sold. The subject has been discussed at length here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1839539

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X