• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**CASE CLOSED** Court Claim - Lowell/Vanquis - 15-1-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Lowell / Vanquis - 15-1-2015

wait for 7 working days for CCA and 12+ 2 working days for CPR31.14? (building a folder in case i need to refer to anything.)

Comment

Post no 7 and 14 updated, wrong account details..SORRY!

Comment

Morning all. Can I just clarify, Have lowlifes got the right of entry on a CF? The claim I am defending on this thread represents the only entry is Dec 2014, nothing on the file before from previous years on this acc no. Can they legally do this? I have asked noddle to remove the entry as I dont recognise it. AoS sent/CCA/CPR sent as per previous posts. Have to study today so wont be around as much, I'll keep an eye on the posts/pms though.

Comment

When a debt is sold the buyer (Lowell in this case) must take on the responsibility of CRA reporting,
          Lowell is the entity that placed that data and Lowell has to agree to removal the CRA cannot remove the entry without consent of Lowell.

nem

Comment

Ok thanks Nem. There seems to be an extra zero on the account number on the CF, it is 17 digits long not 16. Is this normal?

The account nos on the PoC with my CCA and CPR are all correlated.

Comment

Zero at the start of the number?

Comment

At the end, seems to be an extra digit.

Comment

Just a formatting problem I think.

nem

Comment

Ok. I'll just wait then I guess. MCOL shows AoS received 4pm yesterday.

Comment

CCA and CPR have been sent with acc out no on the PoC.

Comment

CPR31.14 received and signed for this morning. Copy of tracking/signature printed off and filed.

CCA not yet delivered according to Royal Mail.

Just reading through the PoC again, "...monies from the Defendant to the Claimant under a Store cards agreement regulated by CCA 1974..."

Do store cards/credit cards go through a different agreement under the CCA?

I will check back occasionally and update you all with any correspondence. I really have to get on with uni work as have a design brief due in by 16th Feb and have a lot research to do in the meantime. Plus writing it all up in academic speel. So thanks Lowell for making me lose uni time!
                        Last edited by beaconsman; 20th January 2015, 22:10:PM.

Comment

A store card is usually intended for use in the stores on behalf of which the card is issued, and not usable elsewhere.

A credit card is available for use in all outlets that use the service.

As far as I'm aware Vanquis to do not provide "store Cards"

I suspect CPR 31.14 request may go unanswered or rejected.

The CCA request is at present more important.

nem.

Comment

Morning, had a letter form BWL saying that issued legal proceedings in the form of a county court claim etc...

call now to set up an affordable payment blah blah blah.

Shall I call them and say i admit no liability and this now a legal matter which I will be defending fully.

or just issue written correspondence as and when required, to the court for defence etc..

They say that they are entering a CCJ on the 4th Feb 2015 if i dont reply to them or the county court. I have replied so presume its a just a letter that is churned out by them..

not checked the CCA has been received yet, will do it now. > CCA was delivered this morning (21st Jan 2015) but no signature shown on the service, there was one on the CPR request.

Thanks Nem, so the CPR request will be ignored by them? (waste of £1.72!)

CCA is the one I shall wait for...

I presume i have plenty of time to form a defence?

Comment

Hi, Never call Lowell or any company associated with them!! You will end up making unrealistic offers of payment just to get rid of them.

Has BW Legal actually issued a claim on this??
                              Have you had a claim pack?

Comment

Yes the Claim form came on Saturday 17th Jan, Date of issue on Claim form was 15th January, AoS sent via MCOL, and was received Sun 19th Jan (showing online) with my intention to defend fully.
                                CCA and CPR went Monday 19th, CPR received yesterday at 8-50am (20th Jan 2015) and CCA has been delivered according to Royal mail tracker today (21st Jan 2015) but no signature online ..yet..presume I have to know who it was signed by?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X