• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Out of Court settlement Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Court settlement Process

Injury Case, was informed by my Solicitor in December Retailer will not take the case to Court, will settled before Court.

Over past 2 years all medicle and paper work done. Informed in December next due Court date was January,and that they were seeking to settle outside a Court date.

This week my solicitor told me, settlement now likely in June, which is next court case date, unless other side seittle before then.

Assumed all would be sorted by the end of this month, it just seems to drag on and on, with ongoing large expenses.

Am I right in assuming, as the Retailer has agreed to a settlement out of Court, they would have arrived a settlement figure,now, or at least it would be taken out of this Years expenses, before the end of this Years financial Year?

Perhaps they would offer an initial figure, then a 2nd one, and then a final one, or what is the procedure and time frame to expect?

Is it not my solicitors job, to chase them up for the out of court settlement as soon as possible?

How can I quicken the process up, to get a quicker conclusion than June, as the expense of it all over 2 years, is just too much,,for another 6 months.

Thank you for your advice.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X