• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** WON ** Lowell/Bryan Carter - lloyds tsb - DISCONTINUED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell/Bryan Carter - lloyds tsb

Here is my witness statement if you could have a quick look and let me know if it is ok that would be great many thanks :O)
    Can I sign this off with a signature different to my normal signature to stop them copying it ?

IN THE xxxx COUNTY COURT

Claim No. xxxxx

BETWEEN:
    LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD
    Claimant
    - And –
    Defendant
    xxxx

WITNESS STATEMENT OF xxxxx

I xxxx of xxxx being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;

1: I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim. The matters set out below are within my own knowledge, except where I indicate to the contrary.

2: On 24th November 2014 I received the claim in this case.

3: On or around 25th November 2014 I received a letter dated 25th November 2014 from Bryan Carter stating that they have started litigation proceedings and I would receive the claim form in the next 48 hrs which I received before this letter. [EXHIBIT G]

4: The claim is for an unsecured loan from Lloyds from what I can gather from the lack of information. I have in the past held an account with Lloyds TSB however the claimant has not produced any evidence to support their claim. I have not had any contact regarding a loan with Lloyds since August 2008.

5: On 1st December 2014 I made a written request to the Claimant solicitors, Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP of 11 de Havilland drive, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0YP requesting that the Claimant provides copies of all documents mentioned in the statement of case.[EXHIBIT A]

6: On 1st December 2014 , I made a written request to the Claimant Lowell Portfolio I LTD of Ellington House 9 Savannah Way, Leeds, LS10 1AB requesting that the Claimant provides a legible copy of the credit agreement as is my entitlement under section 77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. To date I have not received any copy of the credit agreement. [EXHIBIT B]

7: On 3rd December 2014 I received a letter from the Claimants Solicitor stating “We confirm this matter will most properly be allocated to the small claims track as this is a simple contractual matter and the Part 31 of the civil procedures rules will therefore not apply.”

8: On 10th December 2014, I made a written re-request to the Claimant solicitors, Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP of 11 de Havilland drive, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0YP requesting that the Claimant provides copies of all documents mentioned in the statement of case.[EXHIBIT C]

9: On 15th December 2014, I received a letter from the Claimants Solicitor stating that they were refusing to comply with my request to provide copies of all documents mentioned in the statement of case. [Exhibit D]

10: On 31st December 2014, I received a letter from the Claimants Solicitor Stating their intention to proceed and that they wanted to negotiate before court proceedings [Exhibit E]

11: On 15th January 2015, I replied to both Bryan Carter and Lowell declining mediation with them as I could not mediate without information from both the original credit agreement, terms and the inspection of documents requested under CPR 31.14 [Exhibit F.1] and [Exhibit F.2]

12: I agreed to use the small claims mediation service and had a conversation with the mediators around the 26/01/15 and the mediation service came to the conclusion that they could not help in this matter as the claimant had not provided the information requested by me so I could confidently identify this debt.

13: I contend that this is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of Section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 in that in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action accrued.

Statement of Truth

I, xxxx, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true.

Signed: ________________________________

Dated: 23/03/15
    Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd March 2015, 15:50:PM.

Comment

oops amended your original rather than posting, sorry, have left my amendments in bold. TBH I really don't think there is much more you can say on this, until you get their bundle... and no use you normal signature but you can adapt it slightly so it would be obvious if they had cut and pasted ( they don't actually do that as there isn't actually a requirement to have your signature on the CCA so it is a bit of a phallacy )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok that's great thank you. I am going to hand deliver to the courts tomorrow and send Lowell/ BC via recorded delivery. Is it Bryan Carter that I send it to or Lowell?

Comment

Right good news came home tonight to find a notification of discontinuance.
          is there anything I should do?
          also will contact credit file to remove it as the default date is incorrect so is keeping it on my file.

thanks for your help everyone

Comment

[QUOTE=Niknaksky;532870]Right good news came home tonight to find a notification of discontinuance.
            is there anything I should do?
            also will contact credit file to remove it as the default date is incorrect so is keeping it on my file.

thanks for your help everyone[/QUOTE

Well done!! nothing to do apart from filing all the documents safely they will be useful if Lowlife flogs the debt to another bunch of losers.

nem

Comment

Thanks nem.

i have spoken with the courts today and they have confirmed they had received the notice of discontinuance and the case has been removed. I also checked my credit file and it has disappeared from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Niknaksky View Post
                Right good news came home tonight to find a notification of discontinuance.

Super news, congrats to you xxxxxxxxxx

As Nem says, just keep hold of the paperwork in a file somewhere just in case anyone tries to pop up in the future - you should be able to see them off quite easily if they do.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X