• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP- Moriarty law / Motormile - Mr Lender PDL CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP- Moriarty law / Motormile - Mr Lender PDL CCJ

You should get a brown envelope from the Court says they have received the defence & forwarded it on to Moriarty & that Moriarty may contact you in a direct attempt to resolve etc etc & they have 28 days to inform the court of what they want to do.

Comment

According to the letter - they have advised the court of this so I am expecting the letter I guess. What do I do next when I recieve this from the court?

Comment

I have not yet had any letters from the court - conscious I may miss something but I do not want to contact Moriarty Law or MMF by phone to ask .

Comment

Please can someone help - I have now received a notice of proposed allocation to small claims track. What is the best way to complete this - it mentions mediation ect- this claim over double the initial loan and I am frustrated with what MMF doing this when they are not even the original firm I borrowed the money from- please can some one advise my next step-
          i am conscious around paying this as it my set off many other I am unable to pay and I then my end up with CCJs ext - really worried about what I am to do - how can I defend this - does it mean the court has ruled in favour of the other side - will it go to court if so what are my chances of winning - please help

Comment

Ok
            At this point I would agree to small claims and agree to mediation.

Sadly the fact the original creditor is different does not alter base liability but did you plead assignment as an issue?

They have to prove assignment if you did.

Also compliant DN

Comment

Thanks for help. Sorry if I am being thick - my defence is attached in an earlier post.

Complaont DN? Sorry not sure what this means. I really am a novice at this sorry.

If I agree to mediation it mentions it can be set up via a tele conference, if I do this what do I offer or try defned with? I am conscious of this firm then coming after me for other old debuts ( some in the last 6 years others well over 6 years) and then really putting. My self on the back foot and being in an absolute mess.

- - - Updated - - -

I appricate all the help I have had and still getting from you guys so far, thank you.

Comment

The N180 is the standard Directions Questionnaire - it's sent out to both parties in the case to help the court manage the case, the court won't even have read your defence or the claim at this point. Simply the claimant has confirmed they have received your defence. There's an example of how to complete it http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...l-Claims-Track
                Tick yes to mediation in case you want to negotiate settlement by the time you get to any mediation appointment.

Compliant DN - means a default notice must have been sent to give you opportunity to rectify the breach ( pay the missed payment and make up the arrears ) - 14 clear days need to have been given.
                this is the relevant part of your defence
                It is denied that PDL finance LTD T/A Mr Lender served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant..
                Did you make affordability complaints direct to Mr Lender and the other PDL companies you used when things were tough?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the information really helpful. No I did not send any affodibility complaints in hindsight I should have but I was scared I may unearth old debuts.
                  ill read how I should complete the forms in your link and may come back with more questions if anyone can help. Thanks

Comment

Have I got this right

question A1 - tick yes for mediation
                    question B - complete contact info
                    question C - do I agree that the small claims court is appropriate - I assume I answer yes?
                    question D1 -enter my local court venue
                    D2 - no witness
                    D4 - dates for when I am unavailable

then sign -

i have until the 15th to complete do I send this as late as possible or early?

Comment

D2 - 1 witness ( you )

You can send whenever you like - if the court has ordered it by the 15th then I'd send it on 11th to be safe - and remember to send a copy over to the claimant's solicitors too.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks for this - will do that. I assume I then just await the next court instruction.

Comment

Indeed And keep us up to date if you receive anything else from the claimant in the meantime
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I will do- sorry had no internet for few days- hence late reply- thanks

Comment

Hi all I have received a date for mediataion from the court ( mid Jan).

I have also recieved paperwork from Moriarty Law- they have sent
                              covering letter ( see next post)
                              notice of legal assessment of debt ( pretty sure first time I have seen this) dated 2014
                              the orignal agreement
                              statement of account ( posted below )

can anyone offer advice or guideance of my next steps please?

- - - Updated - - -

Covering letter

- - - Updated - - -

Statement they have sent
                              Attached Files

Comment

Any ideas what my next step is or what I am to expect. Thanks for any help/ advice in advance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X