• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Capquest Investments Limited / Capital One - 11-9-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Restons never replied, nor applied back to the court after I disputed their claim, however, they have recently started reporting a default to my credit file again.

Are they allowed to do this?

They've attempted court, but not bothered to take things further - surely they're obliged to drop the matter now - including making further damage to my credit file.

Comment

As long as the entry is a true record then they can, up 6 years or 5 years in Scotland, dropping a court case is just that :- does not mean alledged monies not owed or written off, they could even sell it on to another Debt Purchaser who may try,, hopefully they do not as many do give up at this stage but no guarantee!

Comment

Thread revival: I've just received the contents of the SAR I requested from Capital One, back in *March*. The envelope is dated 10/07/2018 and includes a copy of the credit agreement, as well as statements for the whole period 2003-2018.

It also shows that the last payment they received from me was in March 2012 - surely that means they had until March of this year to take any legal action, before it became Statute Barred?

My credit file still shows defaults from 2013- May 2018 - Can I now write to Noddle to get it removed from my file?
        Or is there a process to follow to tell CapQuest they shouldn't still be applying defaults to my file?

Many thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X