• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claimant has received a general sanctions order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claimant has received a general sanctions order

Hi all,

My partner has a company issue a claim against him online through moneyclaimsonline.gov.uk. My partner has put in a defence against the whole claim & submitted his DQ on time.

The Claimant has not yet submitted their DQ and has received a general sanction order. What does this mean for the claimant and what should my partner do next? Obviously he would like this all resolved as soon as possible.

Many thanks for any help in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Claimant has received a general sanctions order

Hello,

The title of the order says it all - it is a sanctions order of sorts.

It would be helpful to tell us what the contents of the order are, otherwise we can't assist and tell you what it means.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks,

It doesn't give this information online.

I shall dig the letter out when I get home - I can't remember it giving much away.

Comment

This type of order will generally be issued if a party to a claim has failed to comply with any order from the court. In this case you are saying the claimant has not sent in their DQ and is likely the reason why the order has been issued. It might give the person a number of days to comply otherwise the claim may be struck out.

Contact MCOL they should be able to tell you what it says.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Usually, when the claimant hasn't submitted their DQ by the deadline, it asks the claimant to submit their DQ within 7-14 days or the claim is struck out, but without the actual wording it's going to be pretty difficult to be precise

( or what Rob said )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you all. Makes sense now!

Comment

Hi there, I have a similar situation to the one above which relates to a directions questionairre not being received by the court. However, there is an additional entry after the "General sanctions order was made" entry which states "Notification of general sanctions order was removed". What does this mean? Does it confirm that the sanctions order was complied with?

Comment

That could well be the case.

NB, please start a new thread. This one is 5 years old.
                Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X