• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells court court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells court court claim

Sadly enough lowells have decided to finally try and take me to court and I'm afraid to say this wont be their last time as they have been hassling me for the past year, even for debt going back to 2007

In this instance is one they claim it was assigned to them in 2014 (conveniently missed to date the agreement was originally entered).

Due to all my postal correspondence going to a care of address post takes some time to get to me in this case I was lucky and just caught the window to request for extra time for defense.

Another valid point is that somewhere along the line my details got leaked I have no bills at my CAO whatsoever so it does puzzle me how they got their hands on it, makes me wonder who breached confidentiality.

The debt is to 3 network original contract was taken up for my ex partner (partner at the time) we had a bad break up and I got left with the bill which at the same time due to a job loss I couldn't afford. 3 obviously billed me for the outstanding length of contract amount which I didn't pay so they sent it to a collectors I ignored the letter and it ended up with lowells.

Lowells are also trying to recover fees added by the previous company I know this due to the original amount stated £479.07 as it is common knowledge mobile networks keep their contract figures rounded up to 0 or even numbers. Now am I right to assume that by stating the incorrect amount for the debt they automatically shoot themselves? I cant remember how much the original value is although I will be contacting 3 network to try and find out more.

Whats my next steps? I have lost alot of correspondence over the last 5 to 6 years due to complications in my personal life.

Thanks in Advance

D.M.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells court court claim

Morning

So you have actualy received a court claim and have filed your acknowledgement of service. What was the date of issue of the claim ?

Asking 3 for the original contract details is a good idea - was the original in your name even though it was for your partners phone?

After starting the contract were any payments made? Also ask 3 for a breakdown of the final bill ( and how much it was )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Good morning Amethyst.

The date was the 6th of September so I had 3 days left the letter got to me yesterday. I filled the request for 28 days to prepare for defense rather than 14 so I can hopefully get some extra time

The original contract was in my name, payments where made and there was a few months (unsure how many) left before I couldn't afford to keep it up.

I doubt three will be helpful at all as all I got is the reference on the lowells letters. There is also the likelihood of this being an different account than the one suspended as due to financial ups and downs I have had a few of 3 network contracts closing by default over the years

Thank you

Comment

I'd get a CPR 31.14 request off to the claimant. CPR 31.14 Request Letter
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So after speaking with someone who could hardly speak english I finally got some light the account was closed on the 19th of august 2013 and sold to Lowells portfolio there after (couldn't get a specific date)

The value is correct according to the figures I got of 3 network and within the 7 year SB period so SB is out of the question. My only solid defense im guessing will be lowells case be as solid and air tight as a pasta strainer.

Anu further advice on dealing with them would be greatly appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X