• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Arrow Global / HSBC - 18-7-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Arrow Global / HSBC - 18-7-2017

I certainly feel it!
    I would love your help, yes please. If you need any other information I will provide what I can.

Comment

Thanks for posting those.

Firstly, the letter they allege they sent to you in October gave 14 days which expired on 27th October. They then waited until the 21st November to write to you, again giving 14 days. I doubt very much if you fail to respond by the 'deadline' they'll suddenly put an application in.... but you should reply still to show willing/compliance etc later on to the court, just don't be panicing about it too much xxx

Point 2 of their comments about your defence they call the debt an overdraft facility,and say it was entered into on 25 September 2000, whereas on the first page of the letter, they state you entered into a credit card agreement on 25 September 2000. In your first post you believed the credit card was from 2012 ? Amusing they bring up that in your defence you have said you are not sure to what the debt relates - it seems that they too are not sure. Does the 'termination' date of January 2014 give you any clues whether it might be credit card or overdraft ? It's possible that it was a credit card that HSBC combined into your overdraft before terminating your accounts. The SAR would have been useful - you could still get one sent off to HSBC now as it might throw up some useful information if Arrow & Shoosmiths insist on pushing things without providing any evidence/documentation.

Point 8 - obviously you have the letter direct from Arrow clearly stating they do not believe they are the creditor as evisaged by the statute.

The rest of the points, they are simply confirming that they haven't provided any information or documentation and will try to do so, at some point.

Personally, I'd respond as I said previously, and invite them to discontinue - you could consider applying to strike but I'm not sure it's necessary, that letter feels a little last ditch attempt to me, but of course see what Joanna thinks if you're in touch with her via Diana.

Originally posted by musicmonkey View Post
      Hi, see the attached 3 pictures from the solicitors . They refer to a letter they sent to me on 13th october - i never got this letter (i know they cannot prove either way, but i am really on top of the post since starting this court process)

@Amethyst - hopefully the letters attached will help a bit more? I dont mind writing to them to tell them to provide the information. Just didnt know what the best course of action was, or if i should simply go back to the court and seek their judgement seen as solicitor hasnt filed anything with them.

I have put a summary below of the whole process. Let me know if you need any other information,

20th July - court claim letter -
      22nd july - wrote to solicitors + claimant asking for more info (template from legalbeagle)
      9th august - reply from claimant stating they didnt believe they were the claimant/didnt have anything to do with my debt
      21st august - filed my defence (on time and confirmed)
      no other communication from any party
      21st november - letter from solicitor (as per attachments)

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I've sent off a SAR this morning, so will see what happens with that. Feel silly that I hadn't sent it off sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by musicmonkey View Post

I've sent off a SAR this morning, so will see what happens with that. Feel silly that I hadn't sent it off sooner.
          Sorry for reviving an old thread of mine but I have never heard anything further from the Claimant on this - what do I do? Does it just go away or do I have to apply for it to go away? Sorry if thats a stupid question, I had a quick look on the forum and couldn't see anything about this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X