• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors/Capquest Investments vs ecalid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Di for clearing that up.

when i get an idea in my head, i tend to get carried away.

on this note i just happened to look at my default on experian.

i actually defaulted on 28/10/2014.

restons in their letter say that they have provided a screenshot of the case management system from SD indicating my defsult on the 29/10/14. And all transaction history that they have sent also is indicating as defaulted on 29/10/2014.

and on the case management screenshot, under "default notice sent" it actually says 29/09/2014. One month before I actually defaulted.

so on both accounts, the information that they rely on is wrong.

typical of me to overlook the simplest detail while trying to make sense of the most complex and illogical conclusion

Comment

• Originally posted by ecalid View Post
      and on the case management screenshot, under "default notice sent" it actually says 29/09/2014. One month before I actually defaulted.

so on both accounts, the information that they rely on is wrong.

The date the Default Notice is sent (issued) and the date the account is actually Defaulted would/should be different because before an account can be Defaulted the consumer must be served with a Default Notice (s 87) giving them the opportunity to remedy the breach in order to prevent the account being defaulted.

Di

Comment

• Ok. In which circumstance does the default notice be said as not having been served properly??

Comment

• Summary of my phonecall to the FCA.

"Thanks for calling us today about your Capquest Investments, as agreed I'll summarise the information we discussed in this email.

Collecting on a debt
          Owning a debt isn't a regulated activity, but a firm that owns a consumer credit debt can ask a third party with debt collection permissions to pursue the debt on their behalf. However, if the firm chooses to pursue the debt through legal channels this will take the matter our of our remit.

Capquest Investments
          This firm has not been listed as an appointed representative of Arrow Global or another firm from this search on our Financial Services Register. I can see that this firm has a number of authorised entries with us, so if it's not clear who is collecting on your debt, you may wish to ask CapQuest who owns and is collecting the debt to see if it is one of the regulated entities.

I hope that you found our call today helpful,"

Comment

Summary of my phonecall to the FCA.

. . . However, if the firm chooses to pursue the debt through legal channels this will take the matter our of our remit.

Exactly.

Di

Comment

• So basicly, under common law, CIP owns the debt and has the rights to it but doesnt have the neccessary licenses to collect.

Capquest debt recovery are licensed and act on behalf of CIP via a contract agreed between the two parties and requires FCA authorisation to regulate their conduct.

Once court action is taken, the FCA authorisation becomes irrelivent under common law. And then Restons become the advocate.

That makes much more sense.

Comment

Once court action is taken, the FCA authorisation becomes irrelivent under common law. And then Restons become the advocate.

That makes much more sense.

No, that is not the position.

This claim is currently stayed so wait until Restons make the next move and then seek professional legal advice on your next step.

Di

Comment

• My apologies, i seem to have taken the thread off course.

thank you for your advice.

Comment

• I would like to say that i am genuinely concerned that Capquest has not acknowledged the fact that I live at a new address on all of their correspondence.

They appear to have provided an agreement to either myself or the DCA but if they had sent it to my old address then I no longer have the facility to recieve mail from there and then Restons would have the upper hand.

How do I combat this??

Comment

I would like to say that i am genuinely concerned that Capquest has not acknowledged the fact that I live at a new address on all of their correspondence.

They appear to have provided an agreement to either myself or the DCA but if they had sent it to my old address then I no longer have the facility to recieve mail from there and then Restons would have the upper hand.

How do I combat this??
                      Royal Mail redirection order - https://www.royalmail.com/personal/r...il/redirection
                      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

• Thank you jaguarsuk this is definetly something to consider.

However, if an agreemenr has indeed been sent and I wanted to acquire it at my new address, how would I do this without waking the sleeping bear?

Furthermore as Restons are notoriously reluctant to provide documentation, would this essentially fall under non compliance of CCA request as each of my letters was addressed from my new address and factoring in that capquest had acknowledged reciept of my request.

Comment

• How long have you been at your new address and would a search of the electoral role show the new address?

Capquest may argue DPA etc

Comment

• Been at the new address for over 3 years. Registered on the electoral for a simular amount of time.

Claim form was delivered to old address. Restons however do acknowledge my new address on their correspondence.

I am certain the courts are aware of my address having received the acknowledgement of defence there.

Sorry do you mean Data protection act?
                            Last edited by ecalid; 20th March 2018, 08:23:AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
                              You can only set up Royal Mail Redirection on presentation of documents (utility bill, council tax etc) that are for the ‘old’ address which are dated less than three months previous.

Di

Comment

Been at the new address for over 3 years. Registered on the electoral for a simular amount of time.

Claim form was delivered to old address. Restons however do acknowledge my new address on their correspondence.

I am certain the courts are aware of my address having received the acknowledgement of defence there.

Sorry do you mean Data protection act?
                                They acknowledged because you I assume put the correct (new) address on the court documents as the address for service.

Capquest will not have seen these, but should respond to the address on your letter and they probably haven't responded as they haven't got what you want.

If you wanted you could send an SAR to them asking for copies of all information they hold on you including any and all correspondence, this would likely reveal if they have sent anything to the old address and maybe even show that they have updated their systems with the new address.

However, that course of action could well stir them back into action of trying to find the agreement and lifting the stay on the claim.

I'd say if they had sent the agreement to your old address then they would have applied to lift the stay on the claim and have continued the claim by now.
                                Last edited by jaguarsuk; 20th March 2018, 11:23:AM.
                                COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X