• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TIM vs ARROW/RESTONS (Need urgent help with defence)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TIM vs ARROW/RESTONS (Need urgent help with defence)

Hello friends

Sorry to jump in que i left my thread already but no one replies. I am looking to as from charitynjw.

If you please advice me what should i do.

I hbe received last letter on 12th june from reston solictios and askinf financial statments so i really dont wana give my emplyer detaild etc etc
    So they gave me time till 20ths june which is today so what the first thing should i do ..

Some.people advice me to ask for cca agreement etc and to write the letter ..but i am confuse where to send the letter reston oe arrow global ?

And what is all about postal order ..on which name of this postal order cuz postal service person going to ask me that postal order should be name on it.

So.please guys save me i dont want country court judgements on me ccj.. i want to fix this the only thing is i dont want to give my employer details which is reston solicitor asking me to fill all details. I dont wana even lie on writings. So what should i do first and can any one let me know step by step. I only got few lines letter a model/templet letter like what to write but i dont know where to send and where to post and what name on postal order.

Many thanks

Apologies for jump

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    If it were me I'd put in the defence as it stands.
    Arrow have given you no verifiable proof that it is just an overdraft, & your SAR response, when it arrives, should show whether or not Arrow have recently bothered checking their facts with the original creditor. (& if they do have hard copy evidence, how come they haven't sent it to you?)
    Hello friends

Sorry to jump in que i left my thread already but no one replies. I am looking to as from charitynjw.

If you please advice me what should i do.

I hbe received last letter on 12th june from reston solictios and askinf financial statments so i really dont wana give my emplyer detaild etc etc
    So they gave me time till 20ths june which is today so what the first thing should i do ..

Some.people advice me to ask for cca agreement etc and to write the letter ..but i am confuse where to send the letter reston oe arrow global ?

And what is all about postal order ..on which name of this postal order cuz postal service person going to ask me that postal order should be name on it.

So.please guys save me i dont want country court judgements on me ccj.. i want to fix this the only thing is i dont want to give my employer details which is reston solicitor asking me to fill all details. I dont wana even lie on writings. So what should i do first and can any one let me know step by step. I only got few lines letter a model/templet letter like what to write but i dont know where to send and where to post and what name on postal order.

Many thanks

Apologies for jump

Comment

Morning, Apologies, I had a long weekend at a conference. Anyway I agree with the others Defence in as is with the amendment to say the claimants solicitors refused your request for docs... another point ( due to a dodgy comma in their letter ) an overdraft is regulated by the cca 1974 - it is Only part V that doesn't apply ( due to a determination ) Part v is the part that contains sec 77-79. So They are right but they have worded it in a very misleading way ( on purpose IMO) .
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Papu - I'll find your thread and see where you're at
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Morning, Apologies, I had a long weekend at a conference. Anyway I agree with the others Defence in as is with the amendment to say the claimants solicitors refused your request for docs... another point ( due to a dodgy comma in their letter ) an overdraft is regulated by the cca 1974 - it is Only part V that doesn't apply ( due to a determination ) Part v is the part that contains sec 77-79. So They are right but they have worded it in a very misleading way ( on purpose IMO) .
          I believe that charitynjw has been away at a conference.
          For something
          All weekend.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Ok, so after having filed my defence a short while ago, I have now received this letter from Restons. Can anyone please advise how I should respond? Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

they know they have to produce the info, standard Rectums response template, by the way page one not seen

- - - Updated - - -

keep as we tell others the letter safe for possible use in court case if needed and goes that far.

Comment

Sorry, I realised I hadn't blanked out some personal details from the first page.

I will attach the two pages of the letter here again. Do you think I should just ignore the letter? They seem to be making threats in it.
                Attached Files

Comment

nothing you can do it is up to them to produce as stated above, sure others will comment also! the ball is in their court,

suggest you read other Restons threads and you will see the method they use, the iidiots and some people believe them!

Comment

Thanks Mike, so nothing more than intimidation tactics then really it seems.

Comment

Just a thought, you say you are on JSA therefore you would get fee remission if you needed to force an issue

Have you thought about making a part 18 request for the Deed of Assignment ?

No doubt they will refuse again but you could then ask the court to force the issue

Another option would be , should it come to mediation make an offer at say £1 a month , which I do not think unreasonable if you are on jsa. This would mean no cci as long as you kept up the payments but if you think you have a winning hand then its up to you

Comment

Hi all,

I hope you all had a good Christmas.

so I hadn't heard anything from Restons since the middle of last year or so, until December just gone.

I had a call advising that the results of a SAR were supposed to be being sent to an HSBC branch, but heard nothing more.

then I received the attached correspondence from Restons last month (which I hadn't realised I had received until recently)

just wondering how I should proceed? I haven't heard anything from them since receiving the court claim last year.

would appreciate any advice,

thanks,
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi
                          So they have offered you a small (ish) discount which in any event you are now too late to accept

I would though chase up the SAR

Comment

Thanks. Yes, it is a small discount. I just wonder why they didn't proceed with the court claim after I submitted my defence.

Do they then likely not have the required documents they were asked to produce? or maybe some other reason..

I will chase up the SAR. Should I use a particular template for this letter or would just a quick paragraph asking for an update on the location of the SAR suffice?

Comment

I do not want to guess what Restons are playing at - they are not the easiest to work out.
                              As for the SAR, either a short letter or , if you have a contact number for the SAR department a quick phone call

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                                I do not want to guess what Restons are playing at - they are not the easiest to work out.
                                As for the SAR, either a short letter or , if you have a contact number for the SAR department a quick phone call
                                Thanks Warwick. I have sent a letter to the SAR department at HSBC asking for an update.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X