• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hsbc debt passed tp Restons solicitors ...Please Help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hsbc debt passed tp Restons solicitors ...Please Help!!

SAR to originator who you opened account with! HSBC?

Comment

Thank you Mike!!

The last letter that arrow sent was a notification of account transfer to new agency which is Reston's Solicitors.
      Do I need to send anything to them also? x

Comment

send copy no fee of cca request to restons stating you have requested via cca request to the other

Comment

Hi Loudog

Just to clarify for you
          A CCA request is a request for info under the consumer credit act and can be one of three types

S77 for loans
          S78 For credit cards and other 'revolving' credit like catalogue accounts
          S79 for HP agreements

Comment

Hi everyone...

If anyone can help further as I have now had a claim for form from the county court!!

After following the above advice I sent off my CCA requests for both debts that Arrow Global were referring to and enclosed 2 x £1 postal order.
            I also sent a SAR to HSBC and copies of the CCA to Reston's. All sent on 07/06/2017.

The debt that they refer to as an "Overdraft" which never was and I do believe was actually a personal loan ((£6900)

They sent a letter back to me on on 14/06/17 saying

"We thank you for your letter and acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We do not accept that we are the creditor by the above statute.

This account arose under an overdraft facility. Even if this account was regulated under the CCA 1974, Part V of the act does not apply to this facility and there will be accordingly be no executed agreement .

In addition, we confirm
            . The account is in default
            . The total sum outstanding is £6931.43
            . The amounts which will become payable comprise interest and costs, depending what enforcement action is taken against you.

Please find your £1.00 Fee enclosed"

Today I have received the county court claim form with Arrow Global as the Claimant.

Any advice would be greatly received! Thank you!

Comment

Have you received a response to your SAR to HSBC because that will hopefully tell you whether this was an overdraft or a loan or a combination of both?

Now that you've received a county court claim you need to go online and tick the box which says you intend to defend all of the claim in the Acknowledgment of Service section.

Don't put anything in the "Defence" box at this stage which is an easy mistake to make.

Once you've done that you'll have 33 days from the claim Issue Date to file your Defence.

From what I can see you've already sent a s 77-79 CCA Request so don't send another one at this point.

Is the Claimant named as Arrow Global Ltd or Arrow Global (Guernsey) Ltd?

Di

Comment

Di Im pretty sure this was a personal loan. I remember going in and asking for an overdraft and coming out with a credit card and loan!
                Arrow global have suspended all collection activity on the credit card since my CCA request pending provision of documents, which was done at the same time as this one.
                I was young and stupid and thought it was great at the time ... I don't think you can even have an overdraft of £6k can you??

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                  Have you received a response to your SAR to HSBC because that will hopefully tell you whether this was an overdraft or a loan or a combination of both?

Now that you've received a county court claim you need to go online and tick the box which says you intend to defend all of the claim in the Acknowledgment of Service section.

Don't put anything in the "Defence" box at this stage which is an easy mistake to make.

Once you've done that you'll have 33 days from the claim Issue Date to file your Defence.

From what I can see you've already sent a s 77-79 CCA Request so don't send another one at this point.

Is the Claimant named as Arrow Global Ltd or Arrow Global (Guernsey) Ltd?

Di
                  Di

I am just just doing my online claim form and it asks

"You can choose to contest jurisdiction of the claim made against you.

I intend to contest jurisdiction "

Do I tick this box??

Comment

Originally posted by loudog1 View Post

Di

I am just just doing my online claim form and it asks

"You can choose to contest jurisdiction of the claim made against you.

I intend to contest jurisdiction "

Do I tick this box??

No you won't be contesting jurisdiction unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland (or overseas).

Do you?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by loudog1 View Post
                      Di Im pretty sure this was a personal loan. I remember going in and asking for an overdraft and coming out with a credit card and loan!

Do you recall if you also came out with PPI?

Di

Comment

No I live in England. Thank you again! Im way out of my depth here!

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post

Do you recall if you also came out with PPI?

Di
                          I am pretty sure I did have PPI Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X