• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Arrow global v Conkers12

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Arrow global v Conkers12

    Just an update, I have sent off the SAR, CPT and CCA forms. Phoned the court about my defense needing amending and they said that I can send additional information for my defense to the court and they will send a copy to the solicitor's. Now just waiting for response's...


    • #17
      Re: Arrow global v Conkers12

      Originally posted by conkers12 View Post
      Phoned the court about my defense needing amending and they said that I can send additional information for my defense to the court and they will send a copy to the solicitor's.
      Don't take legal advice from court staff who are not qualified to give it.

      You cannot just "send additional information" to the court who will send it on to the other party's solicitors.

      You will need to either make an Application for permission to amend your Defence or get consent to amend your Defence from the other side.

      I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specialises in consumer credit.

      This forumís site rules donít allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk. Our initial advice is always free.

      Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk


      • #18
        Re: Arrow global v Conkers12

        So I have the n244 form from the court will cost me £100.00 to amend. They did recommend that i submit the additional info and this would be seen by the judge. So i asked what would happen if they strike out my defense before I get the documentation off the solicitors and they said there is nothing stopping this. So the best option seems to be to amend and pay. Could someone advice what to put into this form as i have not received documentation from solicitors so i am unsure what my defense is.
        Attached Files


        • #19
          Re: Arrow global v Conkers12

          Any advice on this??


          • #20
            Re: Arrow global v Conkers12

            Would really appreciate if i could get some advice on this letter that i received from shoosmiths. They have not sent any documents that i asked for and only state that i made a payment to the account, should i ask for further evidence. I have attached the letter

            @Diana M @rob
            Attached Files


            • #21
              Re: Arrow global v Conkers12

              You state that you were making token payments.
              Would any/all of them have been £1 payments?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

              This is only my opinion - "
              Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

              You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

              There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

              "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick


              • #22
                Re: Arrow global v Conkers12

                Hi charitynjw,

                yes they were all £1.





                Pre-Action Letters
                First Steps
                Check your dates
                Acknowledge a Claim
                CCA Request Letter
                CPR 31.14 Request Letter
                Subject Access Request Letter
                Example Defence
                Set Aside Application

                If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

                NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
                Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

                Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

                If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

                We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
                If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.

                See more
                See less

                upgrade to vip

                Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

                only £15/yr

                Offers available. No subscription traps.

                sign up now

                Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

                make a complaint

                Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

                Find a Law Firm