• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hopgood Vs Lowell Portfolio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hopgood Vs Lowell Portfolio

Hi everyone. I finally received from Lowell on the deadline of their return response date a copy of the Directions Questionaire which they have logged with the court. This was on 25/6/2017. They stated that I would receive a copy of the same directly from the court for completion and return. The court would then use this information contained in both copies to make a decision. I do not want mediation as this is the same thing I would have to pay a debt I don't owe. What concerns me is that it is now 17/07/17 and I have received nothing from the court. Should I contact them to find out what is going on?

Thanks Gemma

Comment

Originally posted by GemHop81 View Post
      Hi everyone. I finally received from Lowell on the deadline of their return response date a copy of the Directions Questionaire which they have logged with the court. This was on 25/6/2017. They stated that I would receive a copy of the same directly from the court for completion and return. The court would then use this information contained in both copies to make a decision. I do not want mediation as this is the same thing I would have to pay a debt I don't owe. What concerns me is that it is now 17/07/17 and I have received nothing from the court. Should I contact them to find out what is going on?

Thanks Gemma
      MEdiation is not saying you agree to pay a debt you dont owe, it should be seen as a chance to try and resolve the issues in the case and whats more an unreasonable refusal to mediate can result in cost sanctions. If you google OMFS v PG 2, youll see the senior Courts ruling
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

With that in mind what is the best thing to do? Still nothing from the court... I'm really getting nervous

Comment

Originally posted by GemHop81 View Post
          What concerns me is that it is now 17/07/17 and I have received nothing from the court. Should I contact them to find out what is going on
          The answer to your original question is 'Yes' call the court to ask whether they have sent you a DQ in the post because you've not received one.

Di

Comment

I have been trying to contact the court since via phone. It is always engaged. I have found an email address to send an email to:

Lowell Portfolio vs GemHop81 (claim ref: XXXXXXXX)

To Whom It May Concern,

I am wondering if you are able to help me as I have come to a point in this case where I am unable to move forward. I have repeatedly tries calling the court (0300 123 1056) to no avail as it is always engaged regardless of what time I call. My last correspondence from Lowell Portfolio was a letter showing me their request that they have lodged with the court requesting mediation to which they stated the court would be in touch soon with a form of a similar kind for myself to either accept or decline their offer. To this day I still have not received anything from the court (nearly a month later). I am worried that these important documents may have been delayed in the post and could hinder my defence if not returned in time to the court.

If possible please could you let the person who is dealing with my case know that I have not received this document and if possible send out again so that we can get this case again moving. I fully appreciate any help or cooperation from you regarding this. If you should also require any further information from myself please do not hesitate to contact me on 0........... or in return to this email .............@yahoo.co.uk

Yours sincerely,
            Last edited by Kati; 26th July 2017, 12:57:PM.

Comment

I have an update on this. I finally spoke to the court and they told me that Lowell missed a deadline on their reply to the court when they sent in their mediation request paperwork. Because of this the court sent them their paperwork back and the status on my case is now "stayed". They told me that in order for the case to go ahead Lowell would have to apply to the court and a judge giving reasons why they believe they should be able to go ahead with the case regardless of their faux par.

They told me I cannot request for the case to be over turned and dismissed as it is in a holding either as such. This means regardless of the passage of time Lowell can at any point even in say 10years time open it up again?! Is this right?

Comment

...Lowell missed a deadline.... my case is now "stayed"
                It might be wise to hold fire for a while & see what happens (or doesn't).
                If you react too quickly, it may result in Lowells waking up to the fact (stayed) & doing something about it.
                "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus", as they say at Hogwarts.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thankyou very much for your help and advice. I also found it very bizarre reading this when I read your Hogwarts quote given I was watching ITV at the time which was showing one of my favourite Harry Potter films.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X