• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT HELP PLEASE CPR 31.14 request non compliance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE CPR 31.14 request non compliance

Originally posted by repunzel223 View Post
    Original creditor sent SAR request back with PO said I have to nie send it to their solicitor!
    May I just check something with you

The CCA Request should have gone to the Claimant which is Cabot (who currently owns the debt).

The CPR 31.14 Request should have gone to the Claimant's solicitors which are Shoosmiths.

The Subject Access Request should have gone to the original creditor which was the Bank of Scotland.

So I'm not sure why your SAR (to Bank of Scotland) was rejected asking you to send it to their solicitors as per your previous post.

Is it possible that instead your CCA Request to Cabot was rejected in a letter telling you to send it to their solicitors? I see that happen a lot. If so it won't make any difference to your valid CCA Request (if it was a valid request).

Di

Comment

Yes, sorry I was on my phone I meant CCA request. Not understanding why Cabot sent it back, shouldn't they have the original agreement

Comment

Not understanding why Cabot sent it back, shouldn't they have the original agreement
        Just be happy that they don't

Di

Comment

ok so its been over 35 days now and have heard nothing from the defence, there is no response online. What happen's now please?

Comment

I believe that the claim is now stayed and could remain that way for ever or not.

If they want to lift the stay they will have to pay a fee

Comment

ring the court Monday and ask them for up date likely they will say as suggested Stayed

Comment

Hi all so I received another letter from Caboot stating although debt is still unenforceable they are gathering information. What chance do you think this may rise again!?

Comment

Imho, not possible to predict.
                  The claim is for £5k-ish, so if they do 'find' the docs, they might apply to lift the stay (if it is indeed stayed...have you checked?)
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Don't think its lifted but can't find log in details. However, as said they keep sending all demands to me rather than me and my husband which is a bit weird.

Comment

ring the court the only way you will find out

Comment

they keep sending all demands to me rather than me and my husband which is a bit weird.
                        It's not weird. It may be a blessing in disguise since you say they've only issued legal proceedings against you and not your husband even though this was a joint loan.

Don't tell them that.

Have you now received your SAR response from the original creditor?

You need to see if they correctly defaulted both of you and assigned the debt to Cabot correctly (both of you).

Is the Claimant Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd or Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd.

If you received a Notice of Assignment which 'Cabot' was it assigned to?

Di

Comment

Having received anything yet from them only that letter

Comment

Cabot Financial (UK) Limited

Comment

did receive SAR some time ago in both our names

Comment

Sorry CCJ just in my name

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X