• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

claim form county court business centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• claim form county court business centre

hi,
    i have just joined this site hoping to gain some help regarding a claim form from the county court business centre .the claimant is lowell portfolio and has been issued by their solicitors.lowell have been hounding me with constant phone calls and txt messages saying i owe them over two grand [original orange contract from 2013].i intend to put forward some kind of defence regarding this matter,they have not sent me any kind of proof that this is the correct balance and i do not have the original contract from orange.ii dont know which form to send back to the courts.lowells say i have defaulted but i have never had a payment agreement with them,they have just turned up out of the blue saying i owe them money.i agree i must owe orange some amount but how much i genuinely dont know.any help would be gratefully received

ps the issue date is the 17th march
    Tags: None

Re: claim form county court business centre

First thing to do is acknowledge the claim using Money claim online.

Comment

Good morning,

When a debt is sold the purchaser (Lowell) inherits the rights benefits and obligations of the original contract, in this case a mobile phone account you have a " service " contract which is not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.'

As Ostell has said acknowledge service of the claim online asap.

State intention to defend but Do Not enter and defence at this point.

As to the " default" it is not a payment plan with Lowell which has been defaulted it is the original contractually required payments of the Orange account that have been defaulted.

Why did payments to Orange stop?

What sort of defence are you considering?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Good morning,

When a debt is sold the purchaser (Lowell) inherits the rights benefits and obligations of the original contract, in this case a mobile phone account you have a " service " contract which is not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.'

As Ostell has said acknowledge service of the claim online asap.

State intention to defend but Do Not enter and defence at this point.

As to the " default" it is not a payment plan with Lowell which has been defaulted it is the original contractually required payments of the Orange account that have been defaulted.

Why did payments to Orange stop?

What sort of defence are you considering?

nem
        thanks for your replies,to be honest im not sure if i owed that much as i have no final bills from orange.i would like to see some sort of breakdown and how much orange charged me to end the contracts.i stopped payments because i lost my job if i remember correctly orange were not very helpful at the time.i refused to talk to lowells because of the daily barrage of calls and txt i was receiving.i have kept my credit score in decent shape this past three years and could do without this court action.if i owe this amount then i will pay it.

Comment

Originally posted by clickon22 View Post
          thanks for your replies,to be honest im not sure if i owed that much as i have no final bills from orange.i would like to see some sort of breakdown and how much orange charged me to end the contracts.i stopped payments because i lost my job if i remember correctly orange were not very helpful at the time.i refused to talk to lowells because of the daily barrage of calls and txt i was receiving.i have kept my credit score in decent shape this past three years and could do without this court action.if i owe this amount then i will pay it.
          Claim Acknowledged?

You need to send a request under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31 . 14 to the solicitors this is for all the documents specified in the particulars of the claim only.
          Send it by signed for post. See Green Short Cuts Box for a template.

You could also send Lowell a " prove it" letter requiring them to state how the amount claimed has been calculated £2K+ is an awful lot for a phone account imo.

nem

Comment

thanks,i have done the acknowledgment of service .i cant find the template for provisions of civil procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              Claim Acknowledged?

You need to send a request under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31 . 14 to the solicitors this is for all the documents specified in the particulars of the claim only.
              Send it by signed for post. See Green Short Cuts Box for a template.

You could also send Lowell a " prove it" letter requiring them to state how the amount claimed has been calculated £2K+ is an awful lot for a phone account imo.

nem
              thanks i have done the acknowledgement and found the template.do i send this to lowells solicitors.i havent reveived a receipt from the courts yet as it was after 4pm.

Comment

Originally posted by clickon22 View Post
                thanks i have done the acknowledgement and found the template.do i send this to lowells solicitors.i havent reveived a receipt from the courts yet as it was after 4pm.
                hi,do i send copies to lowells and their solicitors and enclose a pound to each

thanks

Comment

CPR 31.14 no cost to solicitors " signed for

prove it" letter to lowells no cost signed for

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    CPR 31.14 no cost to solicitors " signed for

prove it" letter to lowells no cost signed for
                    thank you,when you say prove it letter how do i word it,sorry if i sound thick i just want to get it right

Comment

Prove it" letter requiring them to state how the amount claimed has been calculated £2K+ as Nems states a hell of a lot for phone account!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                        Prove it" letter requiring them to state how the amount claimed has been calculated £2K+ as Nems states a hell of a lot for phone account!
                        thanks i will send off and keep you updated

Comment

hi thanks for all your help.the issue date was the 17th march my acknowledgement was received today ,what date to i put in my cpr for filing my defence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X