• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot and Mortimer Clarke Help Urgent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot and Mortimer Clarke Help Urgent

Hi

Dec 27th 2015 MArked the 6 Year anniversary my ex wife left me and drained every fund i had. She took over all my money in the summer 2009 i never saw a penny.

I had bit of a break down as my entire life was upside down, as the bank/everybody accommodated her and left me homeless miles from home.

I sent the Statute Barred letter and had no reply. The debt was sent to restons however restones withdraw from this and it went to Mortimer who are Cabot.

They have provided no proof and just gone straight to court and i have a court pack asking me to fill details out. this debt is over 6 years old and no payments have been made on it.

How do i defend against this as the debt is statute barred i sent letters which i still have the copies of just Cabot. I am going to have to defend myself as its taken years to get back on my feet.
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot and Mortimer Clarke Help Urgent

i would like to stress no payments or acknowledgement of the debt have been made, going through the letters on a different Debt they claim the 6 year date is on 29/03/2016.... The court pack mentions i can ask for an extention on the time if i need it.

Comment

Please can someone help me, It has taken me years to rebuild what little life i have. After the ex wife split from me i was homeless for months and am worried i am going to be back on the streets again as even low level work requires credit checks these days so i stand to loose my home and my job.

there is no way a payment was made on this debt as i was homeless still when they claim the payment was made and they havent included any details on the claim pack with the court.

The court its self is the other end of the uk which i cannot afford to attend myself let alone hire someone to help me.

I dont smoke or drink and only eat every other day and pay high child support, my new wife lost her job i literally dont have anything left without all of this on top.

I am begging please can someone help me on how to deal with this.

Comment

Hi,
        Sorry to hear of your troubles.
        You need to acknowledge service, send off a CCA letter to the Claimant and a CPR to the solicitors. @nemisis any further advice?

Comment

Hi Evil_Ferret & welcome to LB

Could you tell us what date was the claim issued (on the front of the court claim)

Could you then refer to the guidance at the top of this thread (in green) & complete it - it will give us a better idea of how to help.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi

Issue date 10 Mar 2016

Court
            County court business centre
            Northampton
            Nn1 2lh

For card issued on or around 12/02/2009

I havent got a clue what I am doing. I am dyslexic. And really need help.

I sent off in Jan statute barred letters. And restons withdrew and mortimer picked it up.

When I split from ex wife rather than just live on streets I walked back to Wales from Manchester and it took me 3 months following the motorway. And begged at service stations and slept in the toilets to keep warm. She was controlling and took over finances to prevent me leaving the house other than to work.

Please treat me like I am dumb as I been dumb my whole life. I can speak well but my comprehensive skills are minimal.

I want to defend muself against this as it is past the 6 years and on statute Barr letter I asked for proof within 21 days and I never had anything back.

I dont know what to do. I literally live within a few pence each month.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Ferret View Post
              Hi

Issue date 10 Mar 2016

Court
              County court business centre
              Northampton
              Nn1 2lh

For card issued on or around 12/02/2009

I havent got a clue what I am doing. I am dyslexic. And really need help.

I sent off in Jan statute barred letters. And restons withdrew and mortimer picked it up.

When I split from ex wife rather than just live on streets I walked back to Wales from Manchester and it took me 3 months following the motorway. And begged at service stations and slept in the toilets to keep warm. She was controlling and took over finances to prevent me leaving the house other than to work.

Please treat me like I am dumb as I been dumb my whole life. I can speak well but my comprehensive skills are minimal.

I want to defend muself against this as it is past the 6 years and on statute Barr letter I asked for proof within 21 days and I never had anything back.

I dont know what to do. I literally live within a few pence each month.
              Good morning EF,

Important:

Have you acknowledged service of the claim? If not do as soon as possible, you can do this online at money claim online MCOL, just state that you are going to defend in full.
              Who was the credit card provider?

How much is owed?

You mention a payment was this actually for this debt? A County Court Claim stops the 6 year period on the date the claim was issued, so if the last payment was 29/03/2009 the debt is not yet statute barred.

nem

It would assist if you could check your credit reference files so we can see the details recorded there, you can use Noddle it's free online.

For an extension of time contact Mortimer Clarke and as for 28 days e- mail them, if they agree you Must notify the court in writing that an extension has been agreed.

Comment

Hi. £429. The card was £250 limit from vanquish.

They just said a payment was made but never provided me any details other than a payment was made.

29/03/2009 -14/03/2016 = 2542 / 365.25 6.960 yrs. is the working I went off.

I will get the details fron noodle for you tonight. And do the acknowledge online tonight.

I think I have royally messed my life up. I was hoping I finished with my old life.
                Last edited by Evil_Ferret; 14th March 2016, 09:31:AM.

Comment

Here is what noodle has
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2b...p=docslist_api

On this debt.

Credit score is 518. But I havent used credit in the last 6 years.

Comment

More detailed view https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2b...p=docslist_api

Comment

Thanks EF, I see this has been in the hands of Lowell prior to Cabot acquiring the debt what was the outcome of their attempts to collect the debt?

The default date of 20?/11/2010 is what the claimant will say is the start of the relevant 6 year period for statute barred status.

Can you post a copy of the letter you had in regard to the alleged payment after removing your name, address and any other personal data please.

nem

Comment

It was just a letter that a payment was made. No other details. I will have to wait to get home for that. Sorry.

Llowell were sending it to the wrong address so never got a reply or answer to anything

And that this debt is not statut barred until 29/03/2016. They didnt give any details about it.

Comment

Here is the only letter they gave me with not much detail as they didnt supply any detail.

I didnt get this letter until 05/03/2016 dispite the date on the letter

I just happened to have this in my bag
                          Last edited by Evil_Ferret; 14th March 2016, 12:04:PM.

Comment

Here is the only letter they gave me with not much detail as they didnt supply any detail.

I just happened to have this in my bag
                            Ok,
                            How did you normally make payments, debit card, over the counter at a bank, by post, by direct debit or standing order?

nem

Comment

Debit card always. I cannot find anything on my account for this time.

I just looked online and I made a payment on 26th for £100 to them. Thats why I couldnt find anything for that date they got the date wrong on the payment I am screwed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X