• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Supposed to go to court next Tuesday but Is it over?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposed to go to court next Tuesday but Is it over?

Hello. I have posted before on a Statue Barred case and Lowell Finance and Bryan Carter.

We have to go to court next Tuesday the 15th - I have argued with them on Statue Barred and my last correspondance to them was to ask proof of payment details. Since then I have received a letter stating the case was now being dealt with by Fredrickson International so I sent Fredrickson the same letter requiring proof of payment and I have received a letter from Bryan Carter stating >

We write further to your letter dated 22 February 2016.

We confirm Bryan Carter Solicitors will no longer be dealing with this matter and solicitors on behalf of the claimant will be in touch with you shortly.

If you have any further queries please contact our client directly at

Lowell Group ..... address

I have phoned the court to see if the case is still going ahead and as far as they are aware it is. Am I reading this letter correctly?
    Is it all over?
    Tags: None

Re: Supposed to go to court next Tuesday but Is it over?

Originally posted by Dorsetbabe View Post
    Hello. I have posted before on a Statue Barred case and Lowell Finance and Bryan Carter.

We have to go to court next Tuesday the 15th - I have argued with them on Statue Barred and my last correspondance to them was to ask proof of payment details. Since then I have received a letter stating the case was now being dealt with by Fredrickson International so I sent Fredrickson the same letter requiring proof of payment and I have received a letter from Bryan Carter stating >

We write further to your letter dated 22 February 2016.

We confirm Bryan Carter Solicitors will no longer be dealing with this matter and solicitors on behalf of the claimant will be in touch with you shortly.

If you have any further queries please contact our client directly at

Lowell Group ..... address

I have phoned the court to see if the case is still going ahead and as far as they are aware it is. Am I reading this letter correctly?
    Is it all over?
    Fred Int is part of the Lowell group.

http://www.lowellgroup.co.uk/index.p...international/

We are highly experienced in the use of litigation, when it is appropriate, and, typically, are able to generate significant uplifts in recoveries when accounts reach this stage.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Fred Int is part of the Lowell group.

http://www.lowellgroup.co.uk/index.p...international/
      I don't know the law and I'm sure I will be put straight but If they have sent in their witness statement in with Bryan Carter as the solicitor can they change it?

Comment

I don't know the law and I'm sure I will be put straight but If they have sent in their witness statement in with Bryan Carter as the solicitor can they change it?
        I can't see why not - the witness statement is from the claimant, not the sols.

(Are they altering it?)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I can't see why not - the witness statement is from the claimant, not the sols.

(Are they altering it?)
          Only by the fact the witness statement says Bryan Carter is the lawyer in this case and the latest letter saying ' they are no longer dealing with this matter and other solicitors will be in contact with us -

I presume I give the letter to the Judge on Tuesday and see if he dismisses the case?

Comment

Only by the fact the witness statement says Bryan Carter is the lawyer in this case and the latest letter saying ' they are no longer dealing with this matter and other solicitors will be in contact with us -

I presume I give the letter to the Judge on Tuesday and see if he dismisses the case?
            Change of solicitors mid-stream happens quite often - sometimes even the actual claimant can change.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Change of solicitors mid-stream happens quite often - sometimes even the actual claimant can change.
              oh. ok. So I won't get my hopes up this is over.

Thank you for your replies

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X