• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Proof of identity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Proof of identity

From a quick skim-read, it would appear that you submitted a defence mid-July.

If you have heard/received nothing, perhaps you should phone the court to get a status update.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      From a quick skim-read, it would appear that you submitted a defence mid-July.

If you have heard/received nothing, perhaps you should phone the court to get a status update.

Yes submitted my defense on the 12th Of July. Heard nothing back until this week when I received a Notice of Proposed allocation to the small claims track along with a directions questionnaire. I also received a copy of the DQ from Lowells.
      I have filled mine out today and sent a copy to the court and one to Lowells .

Comment

Interesting.

We normally find that, once a defence is filed, the court directs the Claimant to reply within 28 days. (It's not an automatic requirement via CPR, but if the court so directs, it must be complied with).

Hopefully, given the previous strike-out, the court want to give them a slap for abuse of process. :fish:

If it were me I'd phone the court to see if there is any more/better info.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Received the mediation email today. I cannot answer YES to all three questions as on the second one is asking me if I have enough information to enter the mediation process. As the have not provided a copy of the agreement or a copy of the T's &C's I ticked that question NO. Thant means that mediation cannot take place and it will go to court?.
          I will be waiting for the mediation team to phone me and see what they're saying .
          Will keep you updated.

Comment

unsuitable for mediation they will state? no doubt once you say No

Comment

Received the call from the mediation service today, the case will be transferred to court and will receive a letter soon.
              What do I need to do now? try to build a strong defense with dates , facts etc ? never been to court in my life

Comment

follow court instruction regarding next move = always

Comment

Originally posted by icrina53 View Post
                  Received the call from the mediation service today, the case will be transferred to court and will receive a letter soon.
                  What do I need to do now? try to build a strong defense with dates , facts etc ? never been to court in my life

If it came to it = not like what you see on the TV, but a chamber where the only people in it would be you & Representative if you used one, the DJ and any representative of claimant if they bother to use one

Comment

Hello all,

Just a quick update: After the claim was decided not be suitable for mediation, I have received a letter from that court that orders the Claimant to serve a reply by the 26th of this month so that the Court can better understands the merits of the defence.
                    Does anyone knows what that is suppose to mean? is it good or bad news?

Thank you ,

Comment

[QUOTE=icrina53;684583]Hello all,

Just a quick update: After the claim was decided not be suitable for mediation, I have received a letter from that court that orders the Claimant to serve a reply by the 26th of this month so that the Court can better understands the merits of the defence.

It means one of the judges has taken a close look at what you have said and the particulars of the claim it's hard to predict what part of the defence he/she is looking at, but not bad news IMO.

nem

Comment

[QUOTE=nemesis45;684599]
                        Hello all,

It means one of the judges has taken a close look at what you have said and the particulars of the claim it's hard to predict what part of the defence he/she is looking at, but not bad news IMO.

nem
                        It looks like the new year is not doing me any favors , they have submitted a defense now and included the same paperwork as they sent me plus some statements, I will upload their defence tomorrow but think is the end of the road now😥

Comment

[QUOTE=icrina53;700237]
                          Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post

It looks like the new year is not doing me any favors , they have submitted a defense now and included the same paperwork as they sent me plus some statements, I will upload their defence tomorrow but think is the end of the road now
                          Hello Icrina,

Is this their witness statement you have received? Have you filed a witness statement and sent a copy to the claimant and the court?

nem

Comment

[QUOTE=nemesis45;700243]
                            Hello Icrina,

Is this their witness statement you have received? Have you filed a witness statement and sent a copy to the claimant and the court?

nem
                            Hello,
                            After the claim was not suitable for mediation it was transffered to my local court. The judge allowed the claimant 56 days to respond to my defence, today I received their response to my defence. In this response they have included some statements and they ask the court to to strike out my defence
                            Also they saying that the credit card was raken out on the 17th oct 2009 but the transactions they included start on 10 nov 2010 ?

Comment

[QUOTE=icrina53;700246]
                              Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post

Hello,
                              After the claim was not suitable for mediation it was transffered to my local court. The judge allowed the claimant 56 days to respond to my defence, today I received their response to my defence. In this response they have included some statements and they ask the court to to strike out my defence .
                              Just statements?
                              No Credit agreement?
                              nem

Comment

[QUOTE=nemesis45;700247]

Just statements?
                                No Credit agreement?
                                nem
                                Is a list of transactions the first one being dated nov 2010 , the credit card was taken out oct 2009

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X