• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd, Jersey/ Howard Cohen & Co, Leeds-Santander Overdraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd, Jersey/ Howard Cohen & Co, Leeds-Santander Overdraft

Dear Members

I received a claim issued at Northampton County Court Business Centre on 16th February from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited, Jersey C/O Howard Cohen & Co, Leeds.
    This was for a debt of £2,161.08 incl interest relating to an unsecured overdraft of £1,750 with Santander UK Plc.
    I had been in dispute with the latter regarding charges added to my account as they were not listening.
    I received debt collection letters but do not remember receiving one from Hoist Portfolio previously advising of court action..I do live in a shared house.
    I responded to the court online to extend the deadline for a defence to 28 days and to repudiate the claim.

I have a tight schedule to submit my defence and would be grateful for any advice from senior forum members as to how I should proceed.
    It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Robert
    Tags: None

Re: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd, Jersey/ Howard Cohen & Co, Leeds-Santander Overdra

Welcome aboard
    Originally posted by roberthlava View Post
    Dear Members

I received a claim issued at Northampton County Court Business Centre on 16th February from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited, Jersey C/O Howard Cohen & Co, Leeds.
    This was for a debt of £2,161.08 incl interest relating to an unsecured overdraft of £1,750 with Santander UK Plc.
    I had been in dispute with the latter regarding charges added to my account as they were not listening.
    I received debt collection letters but do not remember receiving one from Hoist Portfolio previously advising of court action..I do live in a shared house.
    I responded to the court online to extend the deadline for a defence to 28 days and to repudiate the claim.

I have a tight schedule to submit my defence and would be grateful for any advice from senior forum members as to how I should proceed.
    It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Robert
    Did you ever send a CPR 31.14 request to Howard Cohen? This being an overdraft, the CCA request wouldn't apply.
    Is the amount made up mostly of charges?

Comment

Re: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd, Jersey/ Howard Cohen & Co, Leeds-Santander Overdra

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Welcome aboard
      Did you ever send a CPR 31.14 request to Howard Cohen? This being an overdraft, the CCA request wouldn't apply.
      Is the amount made up mostly of charges?
      Thank you so much for the helpful advice!..most lay people would not know their rights!
      I am sending the CPR 31.4 (as per your template) tomorrow by recorded delivery..should I send a copy just to the claimant or also to Howard Cohen AND to the court? (to keep the latter informed?)
      I look forward to your advices.

Regards

Robert

Comment

Thank you so much for the helpful advice!..most lay people would not know their rights!
        I am sending the CPR 31.4 (as per your template) tomorrow by recorded delivery..should I send a copy just to the claimant or also to Howard Cohen AND to the court? (to keep the latter informed?)
        I look forward to your advices.
        You only need to send the CPR 31.14 to Howard Cohen, to the address for correspondence quoted on the claim form. You don't need to inform the court at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          You only need to send the CPR 31.14 to Howard Cohen, to the address for correspondence quoted on the claim form. You don't need to inform the court at this stage.
          Thank you..much appreciated..I will keep you updated.

Comment

Thank you..much appreciated..I will keep you updated.
            Hi there..sorry it has been a while.
            Howard Cohen have now found a copy of my account agreement papers and account entries but now dating back 6 years ago.
            I had written to them previously as advised by yourselves.
            What do i need to do if I continue to fight them?
            Any urgent advice would be greatly appreciated as i have a pressing deadline.

Many thanks

Robert

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X