• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial UK / Lloyds - 2-12-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial UK / Lloyds - 2-12-2014

post deleted by me
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Did I do something wrong? What was deleted?

Comment

Originally posted by octet View Post
        Did I do something wrong? What was deleted?
        Lol, sorry octet.

I started waffling on about the letter not being a part 36 offer, then I woke up, checked back on the thread, & saw it was Small Claims, so part 36 offers don't apply (They're a special species of 'without prejudice' offers).

(I'll go back to , lol!)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Update on my friend's case above, he has sent a followup to FCA, after 44 days with no reply to his last email.

Meanwhile a new letter received from RESTONS, attached below:

Comment

Bloody cheek! Ive had fun and games whilst being a stay at home dad and it gives me great pleasure in exchange of letters. Never ever call them remember..

Comment

begging letter!

Comment

They're not going to get a reply, obviously, I've instructed my friend to ignore the letter as usual.

Comment

Response received from FCA and forwarded to me by my friend:

==========

Thank you for your recent email regarding your request for a reply to your email sent to Mr Egbowon. There does seem to have been an oversight as it is not clear as to why your email was not replied to. Mr Egbowon is on annual leave so I will be replying to you in his stead.

My response
                  In response to my colleague’s previous email you have provided him with sections from the Consumer Credit Act. You are correct the relevant section within the act do provide 12 working days in which to provide the necessary information.
                  While the act does provide the 12 days our rules do not, again I can see you have been provided with the rules contained in CONC 13. While we can provide you with information contained within our rules we cannot discuss legislation with consumers as we are unable to provide legal guidance.

Your next steps
                  If you are unhappy with the firm and feel they have not provided you with the required information you can follow the complaints process and speak to the Financial Ombudsman service (the Ombudsman).
                  The Ombudsman service holds dispute resolution powers that the FCA does not so they can investigate your individual complaint.

Further guidance

If you do wish to discuss provision of the CCA you can do so by speaking to your local Citizens Advice Bureau as they can provide you with legal guidance. You can also speak to one of our regulatory partners the Money Advice Service as they can provide you guidance on the CCA in detail.

I hope you find this information useful.

Yours sincerely

Luqman Ishaq
                  Customer Contact Centre
                  Financial Conduct Authority
                  Consumer Helpline: 0800 111 6768
                  www.fca.org.uk

===========

Comment

FCA will always refer you to court DJ to answer the question - anything legal they avoid advice even if it was legislation related!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X