• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio 1 Limited / JD Williams - 1-10-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio 1 Limited / JD Williams - 1-10-2014

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 1-10-2014
    Amount approx: 1294.87
    Claimant: Lowell Portfolio 1 Limited
    Solicitor: BW Legal
    Original Credit: JD Williams

Particulars of Claim:
    The Claimants Claim is for the sum of
    1,144.87 being monies due from the
    Defendant to the Claimant under a
    Home Shopping
    agreement regulated by
    the Consumer Credit Act 1974 between the
    Defendant and
    JD Williams & Company Limited

under account reference ********
    and assigned to the claimant on 07/01/2013
    notice of which has been given to the
    Defendant.
    The Defendant failed to maintain the
    contractual payment under the terms of the
    agreement and a default notice has been
    served and not complied with.
    The claim also includes statutory interest
    pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts
    Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum (a
    daily rate of 0.23 from the date of
    assignment of the agreement to the date of
    issue () being an amount of 84.18.

The Claimant believes that the facts stated in this claim
    form are true and I am duly authorised by the claimant
    To sign this statement

signed Alison Duckworth

(Claimant)(Claimant’s Solicitor)
    XXXXXXXX

Stat Barred? No

Have sent:

Other Info:
    I did have a catalogue account years ago but I don’t remember when or for how much and I thought that I didn't owe them. I have no paperwork to refer to.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio 1 Limited / JD Williams - 1-10-2014

Hello everyone. New here. I’ve been recommended to you and would be very grateful for your advice please.

I’m holding my hands up to having my head buried in the sand. I probably have received letters from DCA’s but I would have just binned them unopened.

I don’t know whether I should just admit the debt and try to come to an arrangement (I would be unable to pay the full amount in one go) because to be honest I don’t easily understand all this legal stuff and it scares me to death.

Or do I disagree with the claim as I’m not sure where they have got their figures from?

Today I signed up with Noddle and found the following:

Lender: Lowell

Balance: £ 1,060

Updated: 26/08/2014

Name *****

Address *****

Date of birth *****

Account type

Mail Order

Account number

****8989 0

Account start date

08/06/2010

Opening balance

£ 1,060

Repayment frequency

Monthly

Date of default

12/06/2012

Default balance

£ 1,060

I’ve been trying to read up on all the threads and take it all in but my brain isn’t legally wired. I think this is what I need to do if I want to defend:

1. Complete the acknowledgment of service by 20.10.14 with my defence sent no later than 03.11.14

2. Send a CCA 77-79 request to Lowells with a £1 postal order to which they have 14 days to respond (if posted next day recorded on 14.10.14 then no later than 28.10.14)

3. Send a CPR 31.14 request to BW Legal and a copy of the CCA sent to Lowells to which they have 7 days to respond (if posted next day recorded on 14.10.14 then no later than 22.10.14)

Please could you tell me if those dates etc. are correct? After that I am extremely confused with what happens. I suppose I would need to wait for an outcome of the CCA and CPR? Otherwise I could telephone BWL and try to arrange something with them?

Thank you for any advice received.

Last edited by 1614cc; 14th October 2014, 00:45:AM. Reason: Can't add up

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Hiya, Sorry to have missed your posts, sometimes posts made in the witching hours get lost in the morning rush, if you don't get a response it is fine to pm someone with a nudge to look at your thread. I'm just having a read through now for you xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

1. Complete the acknowledgment of service by 20.10.14 with my defence sent no later than 03.11.14

2. Send a CCA 77-79 request to Lowells with a £1 postal order to which they have 14 days to respond (if posted next day recorded on 14.10.14 then no later than 28.10.14)

3. Send a CPR 31.14 request to BW Legal and a copy of the CCA sent to Lowells to which they have 7 days to respond (if posted next day recorded on 14.10.14 then no later than 22.10.14)

You look like you've got it pretty sussed out to me. The dates are spot on

It's for a catalogue account opened mid 2010 and defaulted mid 2012. Probably opened online ? It is likely there will be a valid agreement for this as it isn't very old, but always worth asking the claimants as JD Williams aren't always the best at passing on the documentation to the debt purchasers.

Basically once you have sent off those letters it's a case of reporting back anything you hear from the claimants/solicitors and deciding whether to defend or not at around the end of this month ready to submit before 3rd November.

In the CPR request you can ask for

agreement
          notice of assignment
          default notice

as they have definately been mentioned in the statement of case.It is more than likely they will respond and say they are not obliged to provide the documents as the CPR only applies to fast track cases but it still helps with the court later.

Were there any specific disputes with the debt ?
          Do you know which catalogue it is for ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X