• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke - confirm account on hold - action to take

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke - confirm account on hold - action to take

Hi there hope you can give me some advice on what action to take. I have received a letter of response from Restons Solicitors in respect of my request pursuant to CPR 31.14 stating that as the claim was issued via the county court business centre they are only required to insert brief details of the claim and they do not have to attach any enclosures. They go on to say that as claim started online they do not have to attach particulars of the contract unless the particulars are served separately in accordance with paragraph 5.2 of this practice direction. They say that I would have been provided with a copy of the contractual terms and conditions at the time the account was opened and see no reason why I should now require an additional copy. Furthermore, other documents I requested are not mentioned in particulars of claim so CPR31.14 does not apply. They say that the particulars of the claim is sufficient information for me to file my defence. I would really appreciate any advice on how to reply to this - I have to file my defence by 10th October. Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Restons - Cabot - refuse CPR 31.14 request

Be better if you stuck to your original thread and we would still need to see the POC

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ht=#post472636

Comment

Hi sorry this is my first post! What do you mean by POC?��

Comment

Hi again sorry I understand what you mean now!! �� POC states the claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant(s) under a contract between the defendant(s) and Vanquis dated on or about 91/11/07 and assigned to the claimant on 14/92/2012 in the sum of 966.87

Comment

Hi again - please can anyone give me advice on how to reply to the above??

Comment

How many threads do you have for this claim?
            You need to start one thread and put all the details there before anyone can advise really.

Comment

Assuming that this is the main thread, can you provide the background with a timeline of events please?

Comment

Hi yes this is the only thread. Received claim form on 13/9/14 claimant Cabot / Restons. Filed acknowledgement of service on 23/09/14 and sent CPR request to Restons on same date. Received reply from Restons yesterday - details in previous post. Really dont know where to go from here - any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Mortimer Clarke - confirm account on hold - action to take

Hi there - I have received a letter from Mortimer Clarke today stating they are still waiting for the documentation I requested under part 31.14 and confirm my account is on hold and no further action will be taken. They will send me any documents as soon as they can.
                  They have already extended by 28days and I'm due to file my defence by 3/10/14. Does this mean that I just have to notify the court of their confirmation of account on hold etc or do I still have to file a defence. Thank you!!

Comment

Re: Mortimer Clarke - confirm account on hold - action to take

Hi Pebbles, you should still get your defence in... sorry I've only just seen this !

I'll get linkk for basic defence based on non production of documents.

You can get it in online or email before 4pm
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Go through the defence example of this thread and amend to suit your case.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t-Court-Claims

I'll try find your earlier posts to give me a better idea where you are at.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Damn I merged the threads but you have two different court claims at the moment ? Ouchy. Let me know and I'll un merge them again.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X