• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim by Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim by Lowell

Hi, I have been sent various demands by Bryan Carter (aka Lowell) for a debt I know nothing about. It is in my maiden name (I was married 10 years ago). I have written to BC with the statutory letter (and £1) asking for details. They have lodged court papers, which I have returned as a 'defended claim' stating I know nothing of this debt. I have received a letter from Northamton Small Claims Court asking if i think this is a way to settle this debt, which I do not as I still do not have any details as requested from BC.

The original letter (£1) was sent on 14th August and has been acknowledge by BC with them confirming 'evidence will be supplied in accordance with the Court's direction'.

Why is this now with the small claims court?

What do i do now?

D

Re: Court Claim by Lowell

Hiya

Sounds like you have done the right things. If the debt is in your maiden name then it sounds likely that it would be time barred from enforcement if it even is yours in the first place.

The letter you've had back from Northampton CCBC is it a directions questionnaire asking you if you agree to mediation and some other bits about allocating the court etc?

Do you know any more about the debt, do the particulars of claim mention if it is a loan / ccard / bank account etc ??
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Court Claim by Lowell

Hi, the letter from Northampton CCBC is asking if I think mediation is the right course and also asking to nominate a court.

All the particulars of the claim give is a reference number but I honestly don't know who it's from, apart from Lowell Portfolio but I've never had a loan or anything from them.

D

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X