• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - dubai bank / dubai bank - 24-7-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - dubai bank / dubai bank - 24-7-2014

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 24-7-2014
    Amount approx: £10,000
    Claimant: dubai bank
    Solicitor: coyle white devine
    Original Credit: dubai bank

Particulars of Claim:
    repayment of bank debt incurred by defendant whilst resident in UAE

Stat Barred? Yes

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim, Sent a CCA request, Sent a CPR 31.14 request

Other Info:
    1. Under UK law debt IS statue barred. CWD claim UAE limitation of 15 years applies.
    2. CPR 31.14 sent. NO Assignment agreement, NO default notice, No termination agreement. CWD say irrelevant as governed by UAE law but all these needed under UK law.
    3. My point this case is being tried on British Sovereign soil In an English court, therefore it must be under English Law, not UAE Law, as Britain is not part of nor an extension of UAE, I would purport that as this must be so, then English Law must apply unless the court is prepared to allow another nation's laws stand in our country. So English laws must be paramount, as surely the judge will base everything on our laws. Therefore a CPR31.14 is applicable, and the alleged debt must be statute barred under English law and in order to even take out a claim, under English Law, a Default Notice must be served after Termination of account.
    4. I asked that the solicitors provide me with the contract of assignment between themselves and the dubai bank, to prove they are legally entitled to to act on their behalf. This is per the FCA Rules, they say not necessary.
    5. so how to proceed? i need to file defence or extension asap?
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - dubai bank / dubai bank - 24-7-2014

Welcome to LB

I'll see if I can get my friend in Dubai to take a look, he is pretty clued up. :thumb: I believe he has said in the past that loans from Dubai can be enforceable in the UK.

To help matters, could you give us a bit more info about the history of this debt? Was it a loan from Dubai Bank? When was it taken out that you think it would be SBd under English law?

Most credit in Dubai is based around post-dated cheques, was this the case here? Presumably you are aware of the criminal element associated with bounced cheques in Dubai (luckily not in the UK).

If the original creditor and the claimant are both Dubai Bank, there would be no assignment involved.

Comment

Ah yes you have posted, you can ignore my pm reply in that case

We'll try find out what we can, FP's friend sounds like a good bet.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

original creditor rakbank, solicitors are coyle white devine. its credit card debt.

they are issuing lots of claims and this is a grey area as far as i see?

what about jurisdiction issues?

Comment

Originally posted by s11m0n10 View Post
          original creditor rakbank, solicitors are coyle white devine. its credit card debt.

they are issuing lots of claims and this is a grey area as far as i see?

what about jurisdiction issues?
          I will ask about that again.

When was the last payment made?

Comment

march 2008

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X