• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot/ Claims form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot/ Claims form

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
    What is the final debt for your defence to be in?
    Sorry I don't understand?

Comment

date

Comment

Thank you, I have drafted a letter ready if I don't get word about CPR tomorrow (which will be 9 days from me posting letter. - This does go to their solicitors??[/QUOTE]Anything to do with the CPR request goes to the solicitors, yes. Are you asking for an extension or what is your letter about?

Originally posted by jules1967 View Post
        I sent the CCA to Cabot and CPR request to their solicitors named on the claim form?? (sorry I think I am getting bit confused - I am blonde lol)

Thank you so much for the advice.:colbert:
        Yes, that's the way you'd do it. :thumb:

Don't chase the CCA request but do contact them about the CPR request, ask them to agree to an extension to file your defence if they can't supply the documents.

Comment

Hi as from my previous threads I followed all your advice but the 40 days is well and truly up and I have received no correspondence at all the 40 days was up last week is there anything that I should do or do I presume that they have not been able to access the relevant documentation/agreement? Do you think there is still a possibility that I should still expect something from someone?

Thank you for your on going support

Jules

Comment

Hi as from my previous threads I followed all your advice but the 40 days is well and truly up and I have received no correspondence at all the 40 days was up last week is there anything that I should do or do I presume that they have not been able to access the relevant documentation/agreement? Do you think there is still a possibility that I should still expect something from someone?

Thank you for your on going support

Jules

Comment

Hi Jules

Is your defence date still 16th August or did you manage to get an extension pending the documents for the CPR request??

If you didn't request an extension under CPR 15.5 from the solicitors then they could have quite easily got a default judgement - as you have not submitted a defence.

After you sent the CPR letter - when you say in your previous post that you prepared a letter to send to them after 9 days from your CPR request - did you send it? what did it say?

If you didn't request (and they agreed) an extension to your defence date - you need to ring the court and see what has happened.

Foxy

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                Thank you, I have drafted a letter ready if I don't get word about CPR tomorrow (which will be 9 days from me posting letter. - This does go to their solicitors??
                Anything to do with the CPR request goes to the solicitors, yes. Are you asking for an extension or what is your letter about?

Don't chase the CCA request but do contact them about the CPR request, ask them to agree to an extension to file your defence if they can't supply the documents.[/QUOTE]

As FP advised here Jules. :typing:

Comment

Originally posted by Foxyflugel View Post
                  Anything to do with the CPR request goes to the solicitors, yes. Are you asking for an extension or what is your letter about?

Don't chase the CCA request but do contact them about the CPR request, ask them to agree to an extension to file your defence if they can't supply the documents.

As FP advised here Jules. :typing:[/QUOTE] I got the extension, the CPR was late so I had sent that letter to them a second time then got the extension since then I have heard nothing from anyone and it is well over the forty days that they should get back to me. Who will I contact about the CPR? the courts, solicitors or Cabot? and what will I say in the letter. I presume they have not got the documents as they have not supplied them as yet and I thought that was what they should have supplied me with in the forty days. I think I am a bit confused now lol welcome any advice (as my nature is to leave well alone does this not work in this case? lol)

Thank you

Comment

You are not obligated to give them 40 days on any of the requests that you have sent. The CPR is 7 days and the CCA is 14 days.

You have to be like a dog with a bone or they will play with you. What date is your defence extension deadline? You need to keep your post updated so that the experienced beagles can see all the updated info and help you out without having to ask for too much more info.

Right, so you need to chase whoever you sent to the CPR to - which would have been the Claimants solicitors.

Send them something like this:-

Thank you for your letter dated xxxx acknowledging receipt of my CPR 31.14 request.

May I request, due to your being in default of CPR 31.15 and being unsure as to when the requested documentation will be forwarded, that an extension date is mutually agreed. Additionally, I need a reasonable amount of time to prepare my defence when I receive the documents.

I therefore propose this is 28 days from my present defence deadline - this would be xxxxxxxxx

Could you advise as soon as possible if this acceptable and therefore you are in agreeance.

Yours sincerely

Hope this helps but I'm sure the experts will be along soon to help you out further.

Foxy

Comment

Confused.com. I am getting mixed up sorry; I will have to type contents of letters I have received as I am not sure what to do as deadlines on their part I believe have expired, here goes, this is from the solicitors Re: Cabot Financial. Thank you for your letter dated 24/7/2014. We are taking our client's instructions in relation to your request and will come back to you as soon as we can.
                      We confirm our client is willing to agree to an extension of 28 days, for you to file your defence. Pursuant to CPR 15.5(2) please notify the court in writing of the agreement.

My other letter is from Cabot Financial:

dated 25th July 2014:

re: welcome finance Loan.
                      Your request for information under the consumer credit act 1974.
                      Thank you for your request for information under the consumer credit act act 1974. Cabot financial currently does not have this information on file. However, we have requested the relevant information under section 77/78 of the consumer credit act 1974 from the original lender.

What happens next?
                      We anticipate that we will be able to provide this information within 40 days, in the event we are unlikely to obtain this information within those time limits we will write to you again.

They has been no more correspondence from anyone.

Do I have to do something else or just presume they have dropped the case?

Thank you in anticipation for your advice.

Comment

Ask cabot for all information. Ask Welcome finance about all information. Then get all information policies/documents sent to your address also contact your local citizens advice beareau phone your local trading standards and get in touch with the financial ombudsman service and the national debt line.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X