• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Set aside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Set aside

Hello had a CCJ set a side on Tuesday the claimant didn't turn up and just provided a letter with just a total saying £35 not explaining what for etc so saw it in my favour to set aside the CCJ.The judge requested from the claimant some defence then once that is received I put my defence forward.So now it's been set aside would it just be worth paying the £35 then that should be it all sorted with the risk of no further CCJ's ? Is that correct ?
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ Set aside

Originally posted by jasonleake View Post
    Hello had a CCJ set a side on Tuesday the claimant didn't turn up and just provided a letter with just a total saying £35 not explaining what for etc so saw it in my favour to set aside the CCJ.The judge requested from the claimant some defence then once that is received I put my defence forward.So now it's been set aside would it just be worth paying the £35 then that should be it all sorted with the risk of no further CCJ's ? Is that correct ?
    Without knowing how the debt arose and how much the original claim was for I cannot comment.

The CCJ may have been set aside but that does not prevent the claimant pursuing the claim if he can provide an excuse for not challenging your set aside petition.
    They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Re: CCJ Set aside

The debt was from a ppi claim just outstanding fees that I didn't know about along with the ccj that I wasn't aware off so decided to put the application in to set aside,the ccj was issued in December 2010.The total claim involving fees was £123.
      When I went court the judge told me the outstanding amount is £35 which is where I was confused and the judge as the claim is for £123 so she has set aside the ccj along with requesting more defence from the claimant as to what the amount is for etc and once that is received I have to forward defence but now it's been set aside this means its back at stage one ? Would it just be easier to pay the amount so the debt is clear so another ccj can't be issued ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X