• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

arrow global / Roystons solicitors, defense sent, cpr 31.14 option

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arrow global / Roystons solicitors, defense sent, cpr 31.14 option

hi,
    i recently had a county court claim form from roystons solicitors for arrow global. The amount was for £4200 +£165 court fees and cost. I responded with defense claim that i had no legal contract with arrow global. It appears to relate to a virgin credit card that i ran into payment problems with last year (off work with fractured shoulder while self employed) . In hindsight , it seems i should have asked for cpr 31.14 request. I received a reply from roystons a couple days ago saying they were going to strike out this defense within two weeks due to mbna have clause in agreement that they could assign the debt.
    My question is can i still request the following from roystons /arrow
    a copy of default notice
    a copy of original credit agreement
    transfer notice
    a copy of accounts
    anything else that might help.
    do i still request it using a cpr 31.14 template?
    anything else you think might help
    thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: arrow global / Roystons solicitors, defense sent, cpr 31.14 option

hi,
    got a reply today, a bit confused what to do next and the meaning of there reply so any help would be greatly appreciated.

re: Arrow Global guernsey limited v yourself

we acknowledge the recent undated request , made pursuant to CPR 31.14.

CPR 31.14(1) states: -
    "a party may inspect a document mentioned in -

(a) a statement of case:

(b) a witness statement;

c( a witness summary;or
    (d) an affidavit"

the documents you have requested are not :mentioned in out Particulars of claim and therefore CPR 31.14(1) does not apply

furthermore, the proceedings in this instance were issued via the county court bulk centre,which is a procedure specifically provided for in the CPR. PD 7(1.4(3A) states that "the requirement in paragraph 7.3 of practice direction 16 (statements of case) for documents to be attached to the particulars of contract claims does no apply to claims to be issued by the centre..."

we trust this clarifies matters.

--------------------------------------------------

and advice?

Comment

have you heard anything else and how long did it take for them to reply to cpr 31.14 request?
      im having same trouble

Comment

Hi, took about a week or so for them to reply, haven't heard. Anything else.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X