• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Set judgment aside unfairly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set judgment aside unfairly

Hi, about 3 months ago I received the bailiffs in my home, I had no ideia at time. After investigation I found out the it is a claimant that worked for me early 2013 and says that I owe her £260 from wages. Now the bailiffs when they came in asked me for about £2000 because of fees.
    I payed £1000, and after that I went to get advice on what to do.
    The claim is on my name and on the limited company where I was director. In April 2013 I became personally bankrupt and also resigned from director of the company.
    So what I did was asking to set the judgment aside and I was granted that at the county court. Today I went for the hearing and the judge dismissed the set judgment aside because she felt it should have been made to the employment tribunal that was where the judgement was originally made. By the way I was never informed of the hearing when it happened.
    And now I contacted the employement tribunal and they say because the case is from 2013 they don’t have the records anymore and nothing can be done!
    Please help me, I don’t know what I can do now.
    Thank you
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Pmendes View Post
    And now I contacted the employement tribunal and they say because the case is from 2013 they don’t have the records anymore and nothing can be done!
    That's not your problem, you should apply to set aside the judgement at the employment tribunal and it will be incumbent on the other party to prove their case.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X