• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New court

Good day
    i had an offer to settle a debt for £60 pounds which i was planning to do. I totally forgot now i received court papers can i still take there offer or not.or can i send then a cheque and wait a week and then fill in the court paper work as pais settlement?
    Tags: None

It's unlikely the offer will still be open - the claimant will have paid court fees and legal costs out so it's likely to be at least double the £60 offer to start with. If your wanting to just settle ( guessing the debt would be in the £150-£200 region ? ) it wouldn't hurt to call ( say your calling to discuss the claim without prejudice ) and negotiate.

otherwise can you tell us a bit more about the claim pls.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I contacted them today they informed me not to respond to the court papers and they will write to me in the next few days once they have spoken to o2. I will keep you posted as c.a.b. said i just would have to pay it and there was no point in contacting them. Glad i asked here.

Comment

Okay, but keep an eye on the dates, all companies aren't scrupulously honest and if you don't file your acknowledgement of service within 14 days of the issue date of the claim they COULD ask the court for a judgment in default. Not sure what date the claim was issued, so hopefully you posted quite soon after receipt and have time to see what this letter says. Saying that, acknowledging the claim doesn't affect matters ( it doesn't tie you in to anything) other than give you a further 14 days ( actually up to 33 days from the issue date ) to decide whether you need to enter a defence to the claim.... but you must acknowledge (with intent to defend in full) within 14 days if you haven't heard back.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Good day all thanks to the advice here all court process for claims of money has now been ceased. the court has been informed and no further action. however i still wait to see if the debt has been cleared but thanks to coming here it has stopped the court hearing and getting a CCJ

Comment

have you checked with the court direct to confirm?

Comment

That's great to hear Amberhun, is that everything sorted or just this O2 debt ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

No i have not contacted the court so i will do to confirm they have ceased with the case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X