• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money Shop/BW legal vs me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Shop/BW legal vs me

Received a claim? Yes

Issue Date: 16.08.2018

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes

Total Amount Claimed: 515.80

Claimant’s Name: PRAC Financial Limited

Solicitors Firm: BW Legal

Original Creditor: Money Shop

Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Loan

Particulars of Claim: The claimants claim is for the sum of 381.76 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a loan agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 between the defendant and instant cash loans t/a the money shop under account reference xxxxxxxx and assigned to the claimant on 9/12/2016, notice of which has been given to the defendant. The defendant failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served and not complied with. The claim also includes statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the county courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum (a daily rate of assignment of the agreement to 13.08.2018 being an amount of £49.04

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): Not that I can recall.

List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): CCA & CPR sent

Any Other Information or Background Details:

Besides them spelling my name incorrectly I do not recall owing these people any money at all.
    Tags: None

You have done all you can so far, just need to wait for responses to your letters and then come back here.

Your defence deadline is 18th September 2018.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

What is written on the notice of assignment?

From my experience you would have been sent this already.

It will tell you who sold the debt to PRAC & the date of the sale.(9/12/06)

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post
        What is written on the notice of assignment?

From my experience you would have been sent this already.

It will tell you who sold the debt to PRAC & the date of the sale.(9/12/06)
        Sorry for the late reply - it says that the debt was sold to PRAC by the money shop

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
          You have done all you can so far, just need to wait for responses to your letters and then come back here.

Your defence deadline is 18th September 2018.
          Just received today an envelope which contained whole bunch of letters going back to 2017 that PRAC had send to my address. In that bunch of letters there is a photo of myself from back in the day when I used to use the money shop and pay off the loans. There is however no copy of the letter of agreement that I am meant to have signed but a copy of a similar type of contract with details blacked out. I do not remember having any loans outstanding from them at all.
          What do I do next...please help.

Comment

The photo thing is a bit weird, is that something they always did ?
            HAve they given you any breakdown of the amount / statements etc ?
            I think if you can do a picture of the agreement it would help too.

Is it this one?
            Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              When you visit moneyshop (originally set up mostly for pawnbroking) & you physically do business in one of their branches they take & store ID. I am pretty sure if you cannot provide photo ID they will take your photo & more than likely they take everyones photo.

You can then walk into any money shop in the country & your account is already set up & they can confirm who you are exactly because you have already provided your picture at another branch.

I know this as they bought some gold off of me many years back.

Comment

That's a bit creepy isn't it....
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

That's a bit creepy isn't it....
                  Not really. Its used by some for convenience but also handy if you want to do money transfers etc

The photo was probably introduced for people in the 80s & 90s who got paid by cheque but had no bank account or a bank account that was overdrawn & the people needed to cash in their wage cheques.

In fact that is where they first took my photo in the 90s after splitting up with my partner & having a massive overdraft so I cashed my wage cheque with them in the Midlands.

6 years ago I had some gold & a couple of diamonds to sell & went into a London branch & was surprised they had my full details including photo but it took minutes to complete the deal.

The OP must have visited a high street Moneyshop for them to have the photo.

Comment

Is it this one?
                    Yes that is the one, I'm at work at the moment and wouldn't be able to forward a copy of the one they sent me until later on when I get home. Just a bit concerned as it appears I may have until tomorrow to prepare my defence.
                    They did send me a breakdown of the amount which I can upload tonight as well (with their charges as well)
                    What I noticed as well was that the bulk of the paperwork they sent to me was their complaint policy

Would it be too late if i was to send my defence off tomorrow?

Comment

Not really. Its used by some for convenience but also handy if you want to do money transfers etc

The photo was probably introduced for people in the 80s & 90s who got paid by cheque but had no bank account or a bank account that was overdrawn & the people needed to cash in their wage cheques.

In fact that is where they first took my photo in the 90s after splitting up with my partner & having a massive overdraft so I cashed my wage cheque with them in the Midlands.

6 years ago I had some gold & a couple of diamonds to sell & went into a London branch & was surprised they had my full details including photo but it took minutes to complete the deal.

The OP must have visited a high street Moneyshop for them to have the photo.
                      Thats about true....I had used them a couple of times and they had said that was the way that they handled most that used their services

Comment

When you visit moneyshop (originally set up mostly for pawnbroking) & you physically do business in one of their branches they take & store ID. I am pretty sure if you cannot provide photo ID they will take your photo & more than likely they take everyones photo.

You can then walk into any money shop in the country & your account is already set up & they can confirm who you are exactly because you have already provided your picture at another branch.

I know this as they bought some gold off of me many years back.
                        Yes , thats true

Comment

Still creepy in my mind lol.

Are you using the Moneyclaim online system to file the defence ? That should give you the exact deadline for filing the defence.

Are there any dates given in the 'statement' they sent ? when the account was opened / defaulted etc ?

So far your defence seems to be that although you had used Moneyshop in the past ( when abouts do you recall ? ) you dispute that there was any amount left outstanding. You have no record of the loan they are claiming and the agreement they have sent you is not dated or signed and appears to be a copy of someone elses agreement with their details blanked out ? There's no notice of assignment or copy of any default or termination notice.

Look forward to having a look at the docs later, does the above sound about right ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Still creepy in my mind lol.

Are you using the Moneyclaim online system to file the defence ? That should give you the exact deadline for filing the defence.

Are there any dates given in the 'statement' they sent ? when the account was opened / defaulted etc ?

So far your defence seems to be that although you had used Moneyshop in the past ( when abouts do you recall ? ) you dispute that there was any amount left outstanding. You have no record of the loan they are claiming and the agreement they have sent you is not dated or signed and appears to be a copy of someone elses agreement with their details blanked out ? There's no notice of assignment or copy of any default or termination notice.

Look forward to having a look at the docs later, does the above sound about right ?
                            The above sounds right indeed. Here is the paperwork, it had been 'filed away' by the missus.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I would argue that if they provided a photo then they should be able to provide a full signed copy of the loan agreement keeping in mind all of the docs should have been available at the time of the assignment to PRAC due to laws on record keeping.

I would suggest/imply in my response that the fact that no signed agreement exists is because it suits the claimant not to provide it.

If they can supply your photo then they can supply the original agreement.

Unsure if that is a sound legal argument mind you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X