• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unsigned and no date on credit agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsigned and no date on credit agreement

Hello all,

I sent a CCA request to Restons Solicitors last year and have just recieved a response.

They have sent me an unsigned credit agreement with no date on it! Also some statements.

Where do I go from here please? Is this debt enforceable?

I can’t seem to upload images, sorry...
    Tags: None

Which account is this one for? Shop Direct for £5k odd ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Nope, Next for £500 (ish) .

Comment

Also; it’s for a store card. I’ve never owned a store card or been able to get one!

I have tried uploading several times but it’s too large and wont resize.

I can barely read it even with my glasses on. Writing is blurred and very small.

They want me to respond by August 8th... Do I ignore and carry on waiting till they send me more threats?

Comment

Email me Promise I'll check it quicker and reply on here asap this time.... admin@legalbeagles.info otherwise if it is still too big try doing a screenshot of it on your desktop or phone.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Soooo....
            2018-07-30 15_31_48-Start.png

The 'Default Notice' is not a default notice - if it is it is seriously lacking in compliance ref 87/88 CCA 1974 ( see https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...efault-notices and http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1983/1561/made )

1: No date by which to pay by
            2: Immediately is not 14 days
            3: It doesn't say it's a Default Notice
            4: The arrears and required payment are different amounts
            5: Just not a default notice

defaultnotice or not.png
            Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Credit Agreement ' recon' unsigned, of course, and no credit limit details etc

next credit agreement.png

creditagreement 2.png

McKinlay was Company Secretary from 2003 - 2014
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Notice of Assignment looks okay - there is also a ' welcome' letter from DMS.

NoA.png
                Attached Files
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Then the ' statement '

Next statement.png
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

So you know those are the documents they have and would use against you ( well, Debt Managers would as they are the 'creditor' now) - have they actually sent a letter before claim at all or just this in response to a CCA request ? - was your CCA request in response to a letter before claim last year ?

Looks like the account was opened in July 2012 and defaulted Dec 2013. It's not a store card, it's a Next Directory account - they seem to think they can just send a store card later on if they feel like it.

Is the name & address correct for when you opened it ?
                    Do you recognise the purchases etc made?

What do you want to do, argue the toss with them about the credit agreement and default notice and/or make a settlement offer of a % / or installments - or wait and see if they do take it to court ( bearing in mind that will add court costs to the debt ) and defend it.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you for looking at this for me.

I really don’t know what course to take...

I think this was a CCA request after Debt Managers had sent me a fee letters, but I’ve muddled up all the paperwork.

Going to have a good look.

I’ve never received a default notice directly from next. Not sure if it was sent to the old address but surely they would have sent me a copy with the documents they have sent me?

I was hoping that I could at least drag it out till it was stautue barred as don’t have anything in the way of making settlement offers to anyone. Still trying to get out of debt from the homeless situation!

Comment

Looks like I’m going to court then... just received claim form..

Comment

Shall I start a new thread or continue here? Court Claim form arrived today...

Comment

Running out of time to do Acknowledgement of service...

Do I tick the box to contest jurisdiction?

Comment

No, just the box to say you intend to defend in full.

I'll move you to the court claim forum, if you can type out the particulars of claim pls.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X