• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj Lowell statue barred ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj Lowell statue barred ?

Hi
    im after some advise
    Facts last paymentade 3/2012
    Default registered 5/2013
    Lowell have said ststus limitations goes from default registered date not when last payment was made
    Does anyone now if this is correct
    Thanks in advance
    Jack
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Jack101 View Post
    Hi
    im after some advise
    Facts last paymentade 3/2012
    Default registered 5/2013
    Lowell have said ststus limitations goes from default registered date not when last payment was made
    Does anyone now if this is correct
    Thanks in advance
    Jack
    Yes, only if the last payment is later than the default date does that become the date in regards the Limitations Act 1980
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thank you for your fast response
      so just to confirm ,
      As last payment received was 3/2012
      And Default registered 5/2013
      The 6 years limitations start from default date 5/2013 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack101 View Post
        Thank you for your fast response
        so just to confirm ,
        As last payment received was 3/2012
        And Default registered 5/2013
        The 6 years limitations start from default date 5/2013 ?
        Yes, unless you're in Scotland where it's 5 years.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

I have had print out of account , and have contacted national debt line
          they told me that statue limitations start when creditor , would resonably start court proceedings

There are 2 accounts ,
          The first account there was no payment made on this account since 6/2009

They then wrote the account off in March 2012
          Then registered default 5/2013
          Would the statue limitations still be from date of default ?

Comment

They took a long time to default if you stopped paying in June 2009 and they sold it on in March 2012 without having defaulted you?

Or have we muddled up two different accounts ….

Account 1 - what kind ? last payment ? default date ?
            Account 2 - what kind ? last payment ? default date ?

There are arguments in the courts at the moment regarding the cause of action vs the default date, so it's not cut and dried.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for your reply
              account 1 provident personal loan
              Last payment 6/09 default date 2013

Account 2 provident personal loan only token payments made between 2009/2012 ,last payment made 3/12 £10
              Default date 2013

Comment

Do you think Account 1 rolled over into Account 2 ? ( ie you took account 2 out to pay off account 1 plus a further loan ?) or possibly were the payments still being made on Account 1 with the payments on Account 2 hence why both defaulted at the same time?

Definitely worth getting a SAR off to Provident. You want a copy of the payment books and agreements particularly.

And a CCA request to Lowell - although, I'm not sure of the actual situation - have Lowell already got judgment on this, or have you just received a court claim from Lowell ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I have got credit agreement s and there are 2 seperate loans 2008 ,
                  Lowell have sent me ccj paperwork ,
                  No payment on account 1 since 2009
                  Account 2 last payment registered £10 3/12 , but only token payments made over 4 year period totalling about £100

Comment

Ok and who were the original creditors ?

Tick box signatures ?

did the agreements come from Lowell after a cca request or do you have the originals ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Provident personal credit ,
                      photo copy of originals from Provident , and payment records

Comment

Actuel signature's

Comment

So your defence is just the statute barred issue ?

What date was the court claim issued ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have today received directions questionare mediation
                            do you think there is not much chance of me winning in court statue barred defence

Comment

I don't know what you put as your defence so if you can paste it it'd be useful. I'd personally be sending a CCA request to the claimant for the loans and a SAR to Provident. The last payment vs default date is a contentious issue at the moment following some court cases, 4 years between last payment and default is too long in my view to be reasonable and I think you'd have a good argument that the claim is statute barred considering the last payment was made in 2009 and March 2012.

I know you have the agreements, but sending a CCA request puts a legal obligation on the owner of the debt to comply or they cannot enforce in court.... you'd possibly need to amend your defence though if you haven't included anything but the statute barred issue.

http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...y-court-claim/
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X