• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons solitors threatening goods removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons solitors threatening goods removal

Dear all

Please help me, Restons solicitors have been on my neck for the credit card. It was £1000.00 initially when l took it in 2007,but now they have added money to it, now its around £1400.00.I wrote a CCA request,and included £1.00 postal order. Restons replied me today that they are not obliged to provide that as the judgement has been passed.Due to other problems l had i stopped paying around 2011 or 2012 can not remember .I am a 1st year student Nurse,l already leaving beyond my income. is there anything l can do to stop these threats.

PLEASE HELP ME .... l have attached the letter they sent me
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

You have a county court judgment against you so you do need to act to deal with this.

Did you receive the original claim ? ( likely April/May 2017 )
    Did you receive the judgment ? ( in June 2017 )

They are willing to come to a payment arrangement so you could look at completing your income expenditure form and sorting out an instalment plan with them.

Otherwise it is a case of formally applying to the court to suspend the warrant and either set payments at an affordable amount ( known as redetermination - costs £50 to apply ) OR to set aside the judgment so you can defend it (IF you had a dispute on the debt, the account was opened before 2007 and they have no documentation and IF you never received the original claim and this is the first you have heard of the judgment )( set aside costs £255 to apply )

If you're already up against the wall financially it is probably unlikely you'd be able to make an acceptable ( to Restons) offer to pay by instalments so probably applying for the amount to be determined by the court will be the best option for you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...on-of-an-order

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I don’t know how it stands when judgement has been entered. I’m sure more experienced people advise you. Amethyst beat me to it.

Comment

Sorry lol....
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          You have a county court judgment against you so you do need to act to deal with this.

Did you receive the original claim ? ( likely April/May 2017 )
          Did you receive the judgment ? ( in June 2017 )

They are willing to come to a payment arrangement so you could look at completing your income expenditure form and sorting out an instalment plan with them.

Otherwise it is a case of formally applying to the court to suspend the warrant and either set payments at an affordable amount ( known as redetermination - costs £50 to apply ) OR to set aside the judgment so you can defend it (IF you had a dispute on the debt, the account was opened before 2007 and they have no documentation and IF you never received the original claim and this is the first you have heard of the judgment )( set aside costs £255 to apply )

If you're already up against the wall financially it is probably unlikely you'd be able to make an acceptable ( to Restons) offer to pay by instalments so probably applying for the amount to be determined by the court will be the best option for you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...on-of-an-order

Thank very much, I will fill in the application for the warrant to be suspended, as l am living about my income , But they don`t seem to have any documentation in regards to this credit, l do not remember them sending any documentation to me which the claim they did.

Many Thanks

Comment

Amethyst can JEHOVAH123 still request a SAR over this matter to obtain documents?

Comment

Originally posted by Setmefree3 View Post
              Amethyst can JEHOVAH123 still request a SAR over this matter to obtain documents?
              i was wondering the same ,help please

Comment

Yes you can request a SAR at any time - I'd send one to the original creditor and one to the judgment holder/claimant.

http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...ccess-request/
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X