• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global/Lloyds Credit card CCBC claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global/Lloyds Credit card CCBC claim

Hi,
    i need some advice how to defend the claim.
    I have received a claim for the credit card £2484.27 from Restons Solicitors.
    I have lost a job around 2013 after disclosing my mental health diagnosis to my manager- became a liability...
    i couldn’t pay the credit card. I’m a single mother and was only able to get a part time job. I stopped paying for the credit card somewhere late 2013.
    I spoke to Lloyd’s after they offer partial settlement and they said they will consider my situation re my mental health. Never heard from them again. And with my condition (Attention Deficit Disorder and long term severe depression), I just forgot about the whole thing.
    I have never received a default notice from Lloyd’s or any other company.
    How do I proceed?
    I’ve read some post which detailed documents to request from them- Lloyd’s, Arrow, Rentons?
    The claim is dated 16 March, so I believe I have time to put something together.
    I would kindly ask to put advice in points, as I get confused otherwise.
    Tags: None

Apologies for all the misspelling. I’m very stressed out and didn’t notice the mistakes before posting the thread.

Comment

Please note that I’ve asked Lloyds previously for a true copy of the credit agreement (wanted to check PPI) and they replayed they are not able to do so.

Comment

Okay, don't worry about spelling, I've fixed the title, but it's really not important xxx

So this is a credit card debt with Lloyds, sold on to Arrow Global and you have now received a County Court Claim form for £2484.27 from Restons ( acting for Arrow ).

Did you receive a Letter Before Claim / Action from Arrow at all before this? ( would have been around a month ago )

First thing to do is make sure you have acknowledged the claim - Acknowledge Claim

Then you should send a CCA Request to Arrow Global, with a £1 postal order ( you can get this from the post office)

Then a CPR 31.14 Request to Restons. Ask for the agreement, default notice and notice of assignment ( they should be mentioned in the PArticulars of Claim on the claim form you received - if not, type it out in full here and we can check )

It would help to send a Subject Access Request Letter direct to Lloyds as well ( this costs £10 but you don't have to send the fee straight away). This should get any documents Lloyds hold, and also some of your discussions about your vulnerability and hardship at the time you lost your job, as well as transaction lists to see if there were any unfair charges, PPI etc on the account.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Please note that I’ve asked Lloyds previously for a true copy of the credit agreement (wanted to check PPI) and they replayed they are not able to do so.
          Do you have a copy of this response from Lloyds ?

When you asked for the true copy of the agreement was it a formal request under s.78 Consumer Credit Act with the £1 ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for a quick response.
            I have not received anything from them, otherwise would’ve been looking for help back then.
            Saying that- I live in the area where post is often stolen from the box and sometimes misplaced. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone else got it and threw it away.
            I definitely did subject access request (paid £10 by postal order) and Lloyd’s responded they are not able to provide the true copy of the agreement and I am not owed any PPI (as mentioned before- that’s what I enquired about).
            I will send all of the forms you mentioned asap.
            It is mentioned in particulars the debt was assigned on 28 Feb 2017.
            i just checked my Experian- it states account was defaulted in 2017 (photo below), however I stopped payments in 2013.
            Attached Files

Comment

I’m not sure, I will look for the letter from Lloyd’s. I may still have it. Maybe I paid £1, not £10. It was definitely formal request- I took the template from a legal advise website. You see my condition is a pain in the...

Comment

P.S. the original credit card was taken in 2006 if that makes any difference. I believe I’ve seen someone saying there’s a difference if credit was taken before 2008, but I may be imagining things...

Comment

Particulars state:
                  the claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant under a contract between the defendant and Lloyd’s bank plc dated on or about Dec 29 2006 and assigned to the claimant in Feb 28 2017.
                  particulars a/c no- XXXXXXXXXXX
                  DATE 30/01/2018
                  Item Default Balance: 2484.27
                  post Refrl Cr nil
                  value: 2484.27

Comment

Dear Amethyst,
                    i did all that you mentioned above. Received a replay stating my defence will be forwarded to claimant and they had 28 days to contact me (this passed 17.05.). Once the deadline passed their claim supposed to be put aside until they make an application to bring it back.
                    Now, what do I do? I’ve heard of application to strike with prejudice. How does this work? When can I apply to have it done and over with?
                    any info will be appreciated.
                    Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X