• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell - CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell - CCJ

Hi - I am a new member and on Saturday, I received notification that I have a CCJ - I did not receive the original pack from the courts so now I can't defend it - the courts told me to complete form N244, can you help me with this?
    Tags: None

Application notice Form category Court of Appeal Civil Division Language English Last modified 06/2016 Download n244-eng.pdf PDF Associated leaflets N244

N244 Notes Application Notice (Form N244) - Notes for Guidance

Comment

Thank you - if I need any more advice, I'll ask on here..

Comment

Hi
        I paid my £255 and sent off the N224 to Northampton Court with my defence - I have now been given a court date for a hearing at my local courts to 'set aside the judgement' - CCJ. I am going on my own - any advice?
        Cheers
        J

Comment

Take a read of the link below as to grounds to argue why it should be set aside.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...tailed-version
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Julieabeck View Post
            sent off the N224 to Northampton Court with my defence - I have now been given a court date for a hearing at my local courts to 'set aside the judgement' - CCJ. I am going on my own - any advice?
            How did you find out you had a CCJ and when (last month?)

Why didn’t you receive the claim form? Was it sent to an address where you no longer live, and if so are/were you ‘visible’ on the CRA files at your new address (such as on the electoral roll and bank account or other lines of credit showing) so the debt owner could have known your whereabouts if they had carried out due diligence?

Who was the original creditor before the debt was assigned to Lowells and what is the basis of your Defence to the claim if the CCJ were to be set aside?

Have you asked Lowells if they will consent to the set aside before the Hearing to save costs and court time?

Sorry for all the questions but it’s difficult to give advice in an information vacuum.

When is the Hearing?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Julieabeck View Post
              on Saturday, I received notification that I have a CCJ
              What was the “notification’ you received?

Was it notice of enforcement action such as a Warrant of Control from bailiffs or an Application for an Attachment of Earnings? If so then these issues will need to be dealt with at the same time as your set aside Application.

Di

Comment

Hi
                i have lived in the same house for several years - I did not receive the forms from the courts so therefore could not defend my case - I found out when I received a letter (notification) from the courts that a CCJ had been lodged against me which was about 2 weeks ago.
                The original debt was with NewDay Ltd (which was Evans) - my defence is that I requested a copy of the contact on 3 separate occasions so that I could then set up a repayment plan if they could prove the debt. I also sent an estoppel notice, the debt was then taken over over from Lowells Portfolio. I asked Lowell portfolio to provide me with a contract that proved I owed them the money but they ignored my letters - the next thing I knew was that Lowell's were dealing with my debt and that I had a CCJ.
                I have not asked Lowell's solicitors to set aside the judgement as they sent me a letter saying that 'the judgement has been entered against me on ... and needs to be repaid in full on... the Court being satisfied that the debt was proven in view of my failure to enter any defence'
                my court hearing is on Wednesday 11th April at my local court
                i hope that helps
                J

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X