• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell cc claim form (BT)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell cc claim form (BT)

Hi everyone if I could give a quick summary of my situation I'm looking for some advice thanks.
    In 2014 I took on a broadband contract from BT this was fitter 12 months as i new i was leaving for USA in 12 months. 6 months during the contract BT rang and said that fibre bb was in my area and i could upgrade for only a 5er more... heart i said but I DO NOT WANT TO EXTEND MY CONTRACT...no problem the lady said it won't. At the end of the 12 months I paid what I thought was my last payment and then moved to USA as planned. Fast forward to just before Xmas 2017 and I'm back on electoral roll so I got Lowell letters claiming i owed £350 in total for rest of contract plus charges. I wrote back to them to explain what happened and asked them to get back to BT. Lowell basically sent a few more letters which I kept replying with exact details that I was mis sold and that there was no one in the house so nothing was used. I owed nothing. HoweverLowells although they got details from BT just started i would been sent terms and conditions. After a couple of letters they just repeated themselves then on Friday i got a county court business claim form and that's where I'm at now.....
    i would appreciate any help. ... one more thing that complicates things is I'm going to USA in 2 weeks indefinitely what should I do?????? Sorry four Monday morning ran.
    Tags: None

What's the date on the claim form?

If you will be in the USA 19 days from it, on landing there you could acknowledge service by including your address in the USA and ticking box 3 that you intend to contest jurisdiction because you won't be resident in the UK then and therefore it's laws do not apply to you.

If you were proceeding with this then you would need to get a hold of that telephone recording from BT via an SAR as I'm sure the T&C's say all sorts, but the verbal agreement you made was not to re-enter into contract with BT.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X