• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Got a CCJ letter, sending response to the claimant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a CCJ letter, sending response to the claimant?

I hadÂ* letters go to an old property and never received them but to cut a long story short I was given a CCJ letter which is in its first 8 days. I called the company to offer a repayment I can afford and offered my expenditure I done with StepChange but they said "it's legal so has to be sent via post". I had a CCJ once many years back and the company were very helpful and went through everything with me and I set up payments with them via the phone and that was that.Â*

This latest one do not sound helpful and wasn't bothered about my address change etc! Do I have to send the claim form back to them or can I setup a payment plan via the phone? Having Aspergers makes this stuff a nightmare and although I think I've muddled through the form I'd prefer to speak to someone and get it sorted ASAP. I've just got a feeling if I send the letter back it will magically never arrive so I'll send it signed for.

The debt is mine and I do admit it and just wanna get it sorted as it's really stressing me out badly !Â*
    Tags: None

before rushing off = please give more information as to what this is all about and the people concerned, nothing will go away, so give as much info as possible here and peeps can then advise etc, by the way Welcome

Comment

Thanks!

It's for a PDL from Lending Stream which I got around 18 months ago and now passed toÂ*Asset Collections

Comment

Is it TM Legal who are chasing it ? Have you checked they have actually obtained a CCJ against you ( with court? ) or is it a court claim you have received ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The company name is asset collections and investigations. It's from Northampton County Court.

Comment

Okay so it’s a court claim, not yet a CCJ good, you have chance to sort it out without getting the ccj against you.
            Check the first steps post ->
            http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...y-court-claim/
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Many thanks for the reply again!

I would like to just start paying my debt off so I actually sent the expenditure form back to the people claiming. I am in a surplus deficit at the moment and if they decide to reject my offer of repayment what do I do next? I am assuming this is what they will do as from what I have heard about this company is nothing but negative.

Comment

Ok, have you made an admission and offer to pay by instalments ? Using the court response pack and sent directly to the claimant ? or have you done it via moneyclsim online ?

If the claimant accepts the offer they inform the court and you are given a ccj and instalment order. Â*If the claimant reject the offer they ask the court to set the amount.

Otherwise, if you’ve only sent the forms to the claimant, they could ignore your offer and let the claim go to a default judgment.Â*

Are you hoping to avoid a CCJ and be allowed to pay the debt at an affordable instalment rate or are you not fussed about a CcJ ?

What we do normally is acknowledge and start the defence process, ensuring the claimants have the right to claim the debt and the amount being claimed is fair, and possibly make without prejudice negotiations to settle without judgment being awarded ( by consent ).

If you sent admission and offer on paper I think I would also send a copy of that to the court ( stating it’s a copy of what you have sent to the claimant) just to cover you if the claimant ignore or turn the offer down.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X