• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells - Directions Questionnaire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells - Directions Questionnaire

Hello! I am helping out my other half with a claim he has received from Lowell, debt of around £900.00. I received a copy of Lowells DQ but i didn't receive one from the court as the MCOL website said it was sent. We will contact the court today regarding this but what does this DQ mean? Lowell have not provided any of the documents requested on the defence, and a CPR and a CCA had been requested. Any advice will be appreciated!
    Tags: None

Originally posted by ElliD View Post
    Hello! I am helping out my other half with a claim he has received from Lowell, debt of around £900.00. I received a copy of Lowells DQ but i didn't receive one from the court as the MCOL website said it was sent. We will contact the court today regarding this but what does this DQ mean? Lowell have not provided any of the documents requested on the defence, and a CPR and a CCA had been requested. Any advice will be appreciated!
    DQ is basically for a judge to lay down how the claim is to progress through the court.
    nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      DQ is basically for a judge to lay down how the claim is to progress through the court.
      nem
      Thank you Nem! We will call the court and get these forms sorted. I will research more on how to fill it in the meantime.

Comment

nem
        Hi Nem! So we received the form via email. As of today we still have not received any replies to our CCA and CPR. Are you able to advise how we can fill our the DQ form? We of course don't want it to go to small claims, what is the best way moving forward? Thank you in advance!.

Comment

The DQ you received, is it from the court for you to fill in or is it a copy of Lowells?

You will need to fill it in, usually quite simple and send a copy to the court and a copy to the claimants solicitors

No need to worry, the DQ is just part of the normal process- even when Lowell have not sent you anything.

I received one even though Lowell went and lost the case so don't read anything negative into it.

Comment

Oh i understand i have to return it, i am just asking how to fill it given the circumstances. It is directly from the court. But we do not want it to go to small claims. There has been no reply to the CCA and CPR requested.

If anyone has any advice, can i say that's the reason we don't want it to go to small claims? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Oh i understand i have to return it, i am just asking how to fill it given the circumstances. It is directly from the court. But we do not want it to go to small claims. There has been no reply to the CCA and CPR requested.

If anyone has any advice, can i say that's the reason we don't want it to go to small claims? Thanks in advance.
              The court/judge decides on the answers given in the DQ what course a claim will take,.
              What parts are giving you a problem?
              Small claims track is less formal than the others.

nem

Comment

The court/judge decides on the answers given in the DQ what course a claim will take,.
                What parts are giving you a problem?
                Small claims track is less formal than the others.

nem

Thank you Nem, I am just a bit wary to say it should go to small claims, I am happy with the mediation though. Should we just say yes to it going to small claims, then when we have the mediation call, tell them we haven't received any replies to our CCA and CPR?

Comment

Hi yes to mediation the court expects the parties to a claim to attempt resolution with out recourse to a hearing.
                  If you have not received the requested documents when mediation is due it's most likely that the mediator will decline to continue.
                  If this happens the claim will be allocated to your local court.

nem

Comment

i am just asking how to fill it given the circumstances. It is directly from the court. But we do not want it to go to small claims. There has been no reply to the CCA and CPR requested.

If anyone has any advice, can i say that's the reason we don't want it to go to small claims?

The DQ is about court procedure not legal argument.

It asks questions such as "do you need an interpreter" so they can allocate an approved one if necessary.

It asks which is your local county court so if the case is transferred it will go to the court nearest to you (the Defendant).

It asks how many witnesses will be attending "including yourself" so put *1* in that box.

It ask your unavailability so enter dates where you know you might be on holiday, or work commitments, or hospital appointments etc.

It also asks if you agree that the claim should be allocated to the Small Claims Track. That is simply to decide whether you feel it should be allocated to the Fast Track (claims over £10k or with complex legal arguments) or Multi Track (claims over £25k). It doesn't mean are you happy to go to a court Trial/Hearing.

It's early days so complete the DQ and send it to the court NCCBC (copy to solicitors) by the deadline and then wait to see what happens next.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X