• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim- Arrow Global/ Restons Solicitors - Bank of Scotland overdraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim- Arrow Global/ Restons Solicitors - Bank of Scotland overdraft

Hi there,

Firstly I must say this forum is a great resource and I have already learned a lot by reading other threads. Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

I have received a Claim form from County Court Business centre in Northampton regarding an overdraft I held with Halifax Bank.

The claimant is Arrow Global Limited. Restons Solicitors Limited are the party I am instructed to send docs/payments to.

The issue date on the Claim Form is 10/1/2018 and I filed acknowledgement of service online on the moneyclaim website stating I wish to defend the claim in full (based on advice on here).

Here are some details included in particulars of the claim (I have replaced any potentially identifying details with x's):

'Claimant claims payment of overdue balance due from the Defendant(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and Bank of Scotland dated on or about Mar xx 2008 and assigned to the Claimant on Jun xx 2017'

'Particulars A/c no -xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: xx/11/2017
    Item: Default Balance
    Value: £17xx.xx (approx £1700)
    Post Rerl Cr: Nil

They have added on £105 court fee and £80 legal costs.

I am in a position to make an offer to Reston's and was thinking of offering around 50% of the default balance but upon reading other threads I'm not sure whether this is a good idea at this stage based on the fact that I have stated I wish to defend the claim.

I have not made any contact with Halifax or any DCAs/ their solicitors since last payment to account (approx 2 years ago).

Many thanks for taking the time to read this, and in advance for any help I might get.

'

Last edited by softcell; 22nd January 2018, 16:40:PM.
    Tags: None

[QUOTE=softcell;n1386422]Hi there,

Firstly I must say this forum is a great resource and I have already learned a lot by reading other threads. Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

I have received a Claim form from County Court Business centre in Northampton regarding an overdraft I held with Halifax Bank.

The claimant is Arrow Global Limited. Restons Solicitors Limited are the party I am instructed to send docs/payments to.

The issue date on the Claim Form is 10/1/2018 and I filed acknowledgement of service online on the moneyclaim website stating I wish to defend the claim in full (based on advice on here).

Here are some details included in particulars of the claim (I have replaced any potentially identifying details with x's):

'Claimant claims payment of overdue balance due from the Defendant(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and Bank of Scotland dated on or about Mar xx 2008 and assigned to the Claimant on Jun xx 2017'

'Particulars A/c no -xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: xx/11/2017
    Item: Default Balance
    Value: £17xx.xx (approx £1700)
    Post Rerl Cr: Nil

They have added on £105 court fee and £80 legal costs.

I am in a position to make an offer to Reston's and was thinking of offering around 50% of the default balance but upon reading other threads I'm not sure whether this is a good idea at this stage based on the fact that I have stated I wish to defend the claim.

I have not made any contact with Halifax or any DCAs/ their solicitors since last payment to account (approx 2 years ago).

Many thanks for taking the time to read this, and in advance for any help I might get.

'

Hi Welcome to LB.

Before making any offers make sure AG and Restons have anything to uphold this claim!
    Go to the Letters & Guides in the green box above and click on " first steps " and make a CCA request to AG
    for a copy of the " contract " mentioned" in the PCO ( £1 statutory fee to pay use a postal order marked for " statutory fee only" and send by signed for post.

Next A CPR31.14 request to Restons (no fee) for the documents mentioned in the POC The Contract is the only one you mention here but is there a default notice/final demand ? I see the assignment is mentioned so also request the Notice of Assignment.

Making an offer of " full and final settlement needs to be carefully worded or you could end up with AG selling the remaining balance to another shark.

nem

Comment

Thanks very much for your reply, I will send these requests off by signed for post tomorrow morning.

Regarding the POC- I quoted word for word from the claim form. I did probably receive a default notice and/or final demand through the post but these are not mentioned anywhere on the Claim Form itself.

Comment

Sorry just a quick question, I am in the process of doing the letters and notice that just before the template it states overdrafts may not be covered by the CCA. Is it still worth requesting the contract mentioned in the POC anyway to see how they reply? Thanks in advance

Comment

nemesis45 Have sent the CPR request but for CCA Im not sure whether I should ask for a copy of 'credit agreement' as in the template, or the 'contract' mentioned in the POC (or both). Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by softcell View Post
            nemesis45 Have sent the CPR request but for CCA Im not sure whether I should ask for a copy of 'credit agreement' as in the template, or the 'contract' mentioned in the POC (or both). Thank you
            Hi softcell,

Use their term as for the contract.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by softcell View Post
              nemesis45 Have sent the CPR request but for CCA Im not sure whether I should ask for a copy of 'credit agreement' as in the template, or the 'contract' mentioned in the POC (or both)
              For the CCA Request you must ask for a copy of the "credit agreement" regardless of what the Claimant has mentioned in the Particulars of Claim.

If you alter the wording in the CCA Request template the request may not be valid.

Di

Comment

Diana M thanks for your input. Given as I have now sent the CCA request and changed wording to 'contract' is it worth doing it again as per the template and resending it or is this going to confuse things? Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X