• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Arrow Global Ltd / Lloyds Bank Plc - 16-1-2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have re send with the defence in the body of the email to be sure!!Thanks Again Amethyst, will update as soon as I hear anything.

Comment

Ughh they are a pest aren't they, I think they want things send as PDF's rather than Word docs... but pasting it into the body of the email should be fine. I'll see if I can dig out their formatting instructions.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well, all I can find are the general CPRs on email filing ( CPR practice direction 5 )
        3.5 Attachments must be sent in a format supported by the software used by the court office to which it is sent. The format or formats which may be used in sending attachments to a particular court office are listed in the e-mail guidance.
        and this on formats ...

Attachments must be in one of the following formats and the complete email (including any attachment(s)) must not exceed 10Mb Document file types

• Rich Text Format files (.rtf)
        • Plain/Formatted Text files (.txt)
        • Hypertext documents files (.htm)
        • Microsoft Word viewer/reader files (.doc) minimum Word '97 format
        • Adobe Acrobat files (.pdf) minimum viewer version 4
        Spreadsheet file types

• Hypertext document files (.htm)
        • Delimited files (.csv)
        Presentation file types

• Hypertext document files (.htm)
        General and compressed file types

• Zipped (Compressed) files (.zip, .gz, .tgz, .tar)
        Graphics file types

• Joint Photographic Experts Group (ISO 10918) files (.jpg)
        Vector graphics file types

• Scalable Vector Graphics files (.svg)
        but nothing on individual courts pages ( incl Northampton CCBC ) on what formats they are capable of opening.

Utter pants really.

( sorry that's no help whatsoever)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Oh gosh it’s a bit user unfriendly!Just looked and my word attachment is 38.5 kB *♀️Don’t know how I would make it any smaller, just hope that the email with it pasted into the body of the email is sufficient as unable to submit anything now as it’s past 4pm
          It’s not very good that they tell you to look on individual court pages and then impossible to actually find the information!

Comment

37kb would be absolutely fine.... lot of those needed to reach 10MB xxxxx

The court system via MCOL really isn't aimed at Defendants, and is totally useless at times.... hence why we exist really.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

So I received a letter back from the courts to say that they have received my defence and would forward onto the claimant. Today I have also received my SAR from the bank and unfortunately it shows the account being active until 2014 which completely throws my SB case out the window ☹️. However adding up all the fees and charges applied to the account these amount to £1967.68 -

Account fees - £622.68
              Returned cheques/DD/SO - £610
              O/D Fees - £735

Also the overdraft interest amounts to £2274.53.
              Combined these amount to a whopping £4242.21
              I notice that in the end I remember that I had completely forgotten to stop my child benefit going into this account so for a few months this was the only activity and yet charges upon charges and huge amounts of interest were still being applied.
              There are huge amounts of documents that will take a long time to sit down and go through (and decipher) but also I remember at one point going into the bank saying I was in financial difficulty and it is stated on the notes that a hardship assessment was completed, but this wasn’t until June 2013. After this almost £700 was taken in overdraft interest, fees and charges.
              Is there anything I need to be looking for in this SAR pack?Not quite sure where to start!Also do I still have a case to defend being that the account wasn’t closed until 2014?

Many Thanks

Comment

Hi, Would really appreciate it if somebody could advise what are the next steps with this, as mentioned in my previous comment, I received the attached letter which states they claimant has 28 days to respond (which going by the date on the letter would be Monday). I have not received anything as yet and just wondering whether the courts will contact me to confirm what happens next or do I need to be contacting them?Also is there something I should be doing or preparing in the meantime? Many Thanks

Comment

Sorry having problems attaching the photo

Comment

It states acknowledgement of defence and that a copy is being served on claimant or solicitor. That they may contact me direct to resolve and if dispute can not be resolved, the claimant must contact court if wishes to proceed within 28 days. After that time the claim will be stayed and he can then only apply to lift the stay. Is there any way I can find out what is happening with this or do I need to just sit tight? Many thanks

Comment

they have to respond with their defence within time limit or case gets parked up and they would have to pay a fee to continue case to next stage, their move next!

Comment

Thanks I’ve, so I just wait to hear from the courts?

Comment

Sorry thanks *mike!

Comment

if you are on MCOL then any update so far should be listed?

Comment

if you hear nothing in a week then ring the court for an update, any backlog on letters etc they should have file updated?

Comment

UPDATE* Called the courts as hadn’t heard anything back and the haven’t received anything back from the claimant hence the case has now been stayed.

Does anybody have any idea what the likelihood of them applying to lift the stay would be?Just wondering why they would not reply. Anybody have any ratios of cases which have been lifted vs cases which have been abandoned?Many Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X