• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Arrow Global Ltd / Lloyds Bank Plc - 16-1-2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Arrow Global Ltd / Lloyds Bank Plc - 16-1-2018

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 16-1-2018
    Amount approx: 3216.25
    Claimant: Arrow Global Ltd
    Solicitor: Blake Morgan LLP
    Original Credit: Lloyds Bank Plc

Particulars of Claim:
    The Claimants claim is for the sum of GBP 3216.25 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a regulated agreement between the Defendant and Lloyds Bank Plc and assigned to the claimant. Notice of the assignment has been provided to the defendant. The defendant has failed to comply with the terms of the agreement and the agreement has been terminated. AND the claimant claims the sum of GBP 3216.25 TOGETHER with the costs of this claim. 15th January 2018

Stat Barred? Yes

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    Unsure if Statute barred however, I do not think I have made payment or acknowledged since before opening a new account elsewhere in 2011.
    I also believe that there are many charges (unpaid charges, overdraft fees, over overdraft fee, account charges etc) that I believe put me more into financial difficulty which spiralled leading to me being to inpatient the debt. I do not recall ever receiving anything from Arrow Global and have not heard anything about this debt for many many years until I received a letter from solicitors (Blake Morgan) around 15th December and with so much going on in our family etc, I overlooked this.
    I have checked both Experian and Equifax and clear score and this debt has not been listed and cannot recal a time when it was there.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Arrow Global Ltd / Lloyds Bank Plc - 16-1-2018

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 16-1-2018
    Amount approx: 3216.25
    Claimant: Arrow Global Ltd
    Solicitor: Blake Morgan LLP
    Original Credit: Lloyds Bank Plc

Particulars of Claim:
    The Claimants claim is for the sum of GBP 3216.25 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a regulated agreement between the Defendant and Lloyds Bank Plc and assigned to the claimant. Notice of the assignment has been provided to the defendant. The defendant has failed to comply with the terms of the agreement and the agreement has been terminated. AND the claimant claims the sum of GBP 3216.25 TOGETHER with the costs of this claim. 15th January 2018

Stat Barred? Yes

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    Unsure if Statute barred however, I do not think I have made payment or acknowledged since before opening a new account elsewhere in 2011.
    I also believe that there are many charges (unpaid charges, overdraft fees, over overdraft fee, account charges etc) that I believe put me more into financial difficulty which spiralled leading to me being to inpatient the debt. I do not recall ever receiving anything from Arrow Global and have not heard anything about this debt for many many years until I received a letter from solicitors (Blake Morgan) around 15th December and with so much going on in our family etc, I overlooked this.
    I have checked both Experian and Equifax and clear score and this debt has not been listed and cannot recal a time when it was there.
    Sorry forgot to add, have written a CCA to Arrow Global and in process of writing a CPR to Blake Morgan however I want to make sure I am requesting the correct documents. I understand from the claim form I should request -

1. Regulated Agreement
    2. Assignment

Would be really grateful if this could be confirmed please and also confirm that I do not need to sign either of these documents?

Many Thanks

Comment

Hi

If this was an overdraft then they may well come back and say it is not covered for a CCA agreement but see what happens.

I would ask for the notice and the Deed of assignment as well as the agreement

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
        Hi

If this was an overdraft then they may well come back and say it is not covered for a CCA agreement but see what happens.

I would ask for the notice and the Deed of assignment as well as the agreement
        Thank you Warwick, sorry but which notice would I be asking for?

Comment

Notice of Assignment

I'd also send a Subject Access Request to Lloyds Bank directly - Subject Access Request Letter
          You want details of the last couple years transactions to show how the charges took you into and over your overdraft, a copy of the terms of the account applicable at the time, and details of any charges applied to the account. Ask for everything they hold on you ( you want the default notice and notice of assignment from them too to cross ref with Arrow Global's documents) , but I'd specifically mention the transaction lists and terms ( so including, but not restricted to )

This should help later on in defending the claim.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Notice of Assignment

I'd also send a Subject Access Request to Lloyds Bank directly - Subject Access Request Letter
            You want details of the last couple years transactions to show how the charges took you into and over your overdraft, a copy of the terms of the account applicable at the time, and details of any charges applied to the account. Ask for everything they hold on you ( you want the default notice and notice of assignment from them too to cross ref with Arrow Global's documents) , but I'd specifically mention the transaction lists and terms ( so including, but not restricted to )

This should help later on in defending the claim.
            Thats great, thanks Amethyst, will get that done today.

Comment

Hi, is this SAR suitable? Thanks in advance!

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

Please supply me with all data that you hold on me. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.
              2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company.
              3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account.
              4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.
              5. Documents relating to any insurance and reward account fee’s added to the account, including the insurance/reward account contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).
              6. Details of any collection charges added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.
              7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.
              8. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998
              9. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data
              and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.
              10. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.
              If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,
              Last edited by Dancemum; 19th January 2018, 16:02:PM. Reason: personal data

Comment

Couple of points

You have left your personal banking details on the post - or that what I think they are

Also point 9 has some image attachment possibly from your computer

Comment

Also apologies but does this need to be signed or just print name?

- - - Updated - - -

Ooops!Thanks Warwick!

Comment

It should be signed - the bank need to make sure that they send the information to the right person

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Sorry in regards to payment do I make postal orders for

- CCA £1
                        - SAR £10

Who do I make these out to and do I need to write anything on them so they are not considered any form of acknowledgment of the debt?

Comment

Hi,

i have received a reply reply from Blake Morgan today regarding my CCA request. They have advised that they may take a number of weeks to get the information to me (please see photo of letter). How do I carry out my defence without the correct documents required?Many thanks

Comment

You have a bit of time assuming the date on the claim form was 16th January and also assuming you have acknowledged the claim. I make it you have until 4pm 19th Feb to submit so for now i would wait.

Have you sent the SAR?

Comment

Yes date on claim form Is the 16th and acknowledged the claim on the 18th. It says that I have 28 days from receiving the claim which was on the 18th so does that not mean I have until the 15th?
                              Sent the SAR and received a letter today stating that personal details they hold are incorrect so to go into branch to send certified documents?(see attached photo).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X