• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial (UK) LTD / Capital One - 15-12-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been over two months now and not heard anything from both parties have checked with the courts and they haven't heard nothing as well as for the money they say I owe it's nearly £2000.

Comment

That's odd when did you take the card out did you have PPI on the card?

Comment

Well had a letter from Mortimer Clarke this morning which was a fun read, it's only been over a year since i heard from them and they took me to court which was on the 20/12/2017 i checked Money Claim Online and there is still no response from them since my defence was submitted on 16/01/2018, now i thought they only had a few months at best before the case went dormant and they had to pay to reactivate the case or am i wrong here? and there client would like to settle matters without the need for further court proceedings like that's going to happen, can i get the case kick out of court because it's been so long? as for the letter its more like war and peace about 20 pages long, as they added everything they had and if needed i can just do the 1st three pages with me taking out all my info but cant do that till later on tonight, any help or insight would be a great help thanks guys.

Comment

begging letter

Comment

Well it's coming up to 3 years since they took me to court, and i checked Money Claim Online and there is still no response from them is that normal and can they still carry on taking me to court after 3 years? thanks.

Comment

Don't poke a slumbering giant - let it sleep.

Comment

i like this bit......

11: Further, the Claimant is not authorised to carry on the activity of Debt Collection or Administration by the Financial Services Authority. Collection of a debt arising from a regulated Consumer Credit agreement constitutes a Regulated Activity within the meaning of the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Activities) Order 2001 (‘RAO’) (Section 39F) and therefore the Claimant is acting in contravention of Section 19 of the FSMA 2000 and is not entitled to bring this claim.

i may use this bit myself ..mmmm

Comment

All a bit odd to be honest what is the debt for?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X