• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**discontinued** county court document received have no idea what to do.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amethyst Thank you all done defence in just to double check do i need to send a copy of the defence to lowell solicitors or are they notified by the court?

Comment

No just send to the court as the claim was issued via the Moneyclaim online service - they will serve it on the defendant
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst Diana M Just wanted to check with you as i have received a letter from Lowell stating please find a copy of the directions questionnaire etc and that i will receive one from the court that i should complete and return but i as yet have had no paperwork from lowell to back up there claim? i do have an email now from lee at vodafone saying they cannot supply either myself or lowell with the original agreement and the sar from vodafone shows a large number of emails to and from myself and them to cancel the agreement i just wanted to ask what normally happens from here as i have no idea? i am also a little concerned as lowell's letter is dated the 2nd march i received it on the 9th but as yet have not received any correspondence from the court.
        Last edited by whu; 12th March 2018, 07:00:AM.

Comment

Amethyst just a quick check with you as my post/thread does not seem to be appearing in the threads link when posting thanks whu.

Comment

You should receive a copy from the court - give it s couple days and if nothing maybe give the court a call and check. Lowell get ahead of themselves with the directions questionnaire quite a lot so don't be too concerned.

Vodafone have sent you copies of the messages they have regarding cancellation - do these back up your side ? Confirmation back from Vodafone that it was cancelled - any debt/balance details?

Of course without an agreement Lowell will have problems saying your cancellation wasn't adequate or in the terms ... you will have opportunity to put everything in your witness statement ( after the directions questionnaires and the case being allocated to your local court )
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Amethyst Good morning the sar shows that i tried to cancel the agreement and i offered to continue the contract at the price i was told by carphone warehouse was fixed for 24 months ,vodafone refused to accept this and would not address my complaints properly the sar shows that they were not interested in addressing the mis selling from carphone warehouse either,from some research i have done it seems this was a common problem back then.As i have no experience of this i am a little perplexed that lowell have not sent me the evidence they have stated in there claim, it has been 2 months now of sleepless nights and they have offered nothing to back up there claim is our legal system really this flawed?

Comment

Would it be a good idea to send copies of the correspondence showing the cancel request and Vodafone's refusal Lowell and suggest that they might care to withdraw?

Comment

ostell hi i'm not to sure that i want to correspond with lowell at all to be honest i never received anything at all from lowell until late december last year then a court claim around 12th january until this point i had never heard of them but after doing some research on the company i think i may be better off letting this run its course they have provided nothing at all so far to back up there claim and i have the evidence from vodafone should i require it in future i really am more shocked that a court claim can even be issued without evidence from a claimant being disclosed? maybe people just pay up when confronted i don't know. i thought the matter was closed when i heard nothing more from vodafone after repeated requests to cancel the aggreement.

Comment

Amethyst Good morning amethyst i hope you are well,quick question i have emailed the court as i still have received no directions questionnaire but it states 5-10 working days for a response i have tried from wednesday last week everyday to call the court but it is constantly engaged so i am a little concerned as lowell sent me there directions questionnaire dated the 2/3/18 that i received on the 9/03/18 yet i still have not received anything from the court?

Comment

Originally posted by whu View Post
                      ostell hi i'm not to sure that i want to correspond with lowell at all to be honest i never received anything at all from lowell until late december last year then a court claim around 12th january until this point i had never heard of them but after doing some research on the company i think i may be better off letting this run its course they have provided nothing at all so far to back up there claim and i have the evidence from vodafone should i require it in future i really am more shocked that a court claim can even be issued without evidence from a claimant being disclosed? maybe people just pay up when confronted i don't know. i thought the matter was closed when i heard nothing more from vodafone after repeated requests to cancel the aggreement.
                      80% of judgements on claims are Judgements in Default. In other words the Defendant either doesn't receive the claim pack (goes to old address or something) or they stick their head in the sand. Then when a bailiff turns at their door they pay up for fear of losing their possessions.

It's a fishing trip that pays of 4 out of 5 times for these companies having bought the debts for pennies.
                      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by whu View Post
                        Amethyst Good morning amethyst i hope you are well,quick question i have emailed the court as i still have received no directions questionnaire but it states 5-10 working days for a response i have tried from wednesday last week everyday to call the court but it is constantly engaged so i am a little concerned as lowell sent me there directions questionnaire dated the 2/3/18 that i received on the 9/03/18 yet i still have not received anything from the court?
                        At this stage you should be ringing the County Court Business Centre, is it them you are ringing on 0300 123 1056?

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Apparently the court is having phone line technical issues ( for a change) so I wouldn't worry too much. Lowell always send out their n180 early - sometimes without having responded to the court after defence even. Maybe pop the court an email at the aq address and try ringing again if you don't hear back by Thursday/ Friday.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst jaguarsuk i finally got through to the court today and they have informed me that the case has been stayed and that lowell never submitted the directions questionnaire to the court sorry for being totally inept and clueless but what does this mean moving forward ?

Comment

It means that everything is on hold form now and if they wanted to proceed with the claim they would have to make an application to lift the stay.

I would imagine they are having trouble finding the paperwork they require to progress the claim.

Comment

Indeed, well done for getting through to the court ( that's a challenge in itself on occassion !). So for now just sit tight and wait to hear from the court, although you'd probably get something from Lowell ( with the actual documents ) first, so may be a while xxx
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X